We have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join us at The Passage House Assessment Centre based in London. You will join us on a full time, fixed term contract until March 2021, working 35 hours per week excluding breaks. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £34,871 per annum (NJC Scale range 28-30) including LW + pensions and other benefits.
The Passage House Assessment Centre aims to provide the highest quality support to men and women who find themselves sleeping rough in Westminster by providing a safe and welcoming place to stay for up to 28 days whilst planning their resettlement. Passage House focuses on a rapid assessment process which is supportive and assertive.
We aim to develop therapeutic relationships with residents so they can be fully involved in tailoring their resettlement plans and be better equipped and more able to overcome negative cycles of behaviour and experiences within the context of 28 day model. Passage House continues to develop effective engagement by using psychologically informed ways of working with residents as the project embarks on a new and innovative way to supportively move individuals off the street.
About the role:
As our Deputy Manager you will be responsible for the smooth running of the service and the overall management of the staff and volunteer team at Passage House and deputise for the manager in their absence.
Key responsibilities of our Deputy Manager will include:
- Provide effective project management at Passage House ensuring that all aspects of the service operate within a psychologically informed way of working
- Work with the Manager, to provide motivating and encouraging staff and volunteer management
- Responsible for the direct line management of the Coordination team, Activities and Follow up Worker, Engagement Workers and Administration and Advice Worker
- Work closely with the coordination team to ensure appropriate needs led assessments are maintained
- Working with the Manager, embed staff support structures including opportunities for case reviews, case management, facilitated discussions and reflective practice
- Develop and support therapeutic ways of working where appropriate
- Work with the Prevention and Accommodation Manager and Project Manager to provide information and data for internal and external project reports
- Assist in the development of effective policies, procedures and systems at Passage House Assessment Centre
- Assist in overseeing effective health and safety, maintenance and building developments
- Assist in managing robust and accountable finance systems to ensure the financial viability of the project
- Deal with emergency situations taking action in the event of a fire or other incidents and being responsible for calling emergency services in an appropriate manner
- Keep appropriate records of all work and activities within the project in accordance with procedures
- Treat residents and their concerns with dignity and respect ensuring you remain calm and objective when dealing with difficult or problematic situations
- Take part in the out of hours on call system on a rota with other Passage managers
Our ideal Deputy Manager will have the following skills, experience, and knowledge:
- Significant experience of delivering support services to socially excluded clients in a residential or similar setting
- Working within a team and achieving strong and effective relationships with others in order to achieve organisational aims and objectives
- Case management and ensuring suitable psychologically informed interventions are in place to ensure client’s needs are identified and met
- Joint working especially in relation to case conferences and a multi -agency approach to supporting vulnerable clients
- Building and developing effective relationships with a vulnerable, disadvantaged or excluded client group
- Homelessness, understanding of the varied needs of homeless people and those at acute risk of homelessness
- Health and Safety, and the implications of this in the working environment
- Requirements of Supporting People and psychologically informed ways of working within a residential setting
- Range of approaches and methods appropriate for working with a difficult to engage or chaotic client group and a willingness to ‘think outside the box’ in order to support clients to meet their needs and aspirations
- Working with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Safeguarding procedures
Closing date: 24th August 2020, 10am
Interview date: 10th September 2020
If you would like to join us in the role of Deputy Manager, please click ‘apply’ now – we would love to hear from you!