We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Community Services to join us based in London. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 40 hours per week and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £50,345 pa LW + pension and other benefits.
Key responsibilities of our Head of Community Services will include:
- To Lead and drive forward the vision for service delivery of the Passage’s 3-year strategy relevant to the Community Services portfolio of services and plan and deliver high quality and proactive services to meet the needs of people experiencing homelessness.
- To develop and maintain excellent partnerships across the Westminster Homelessness Partnership and the wider sector to better meet the needs of the people we work with, encourage cross working amongst services and to shape best practice.
- To take responsibility for development of quality management tools of all services and to ensure effective budget management and growth is measured and values based.
- As part of the Senior Leadership Team, take an active role in the planning of services and the development of new initiatives.
Our ideal Head of Community Services will have the following skills, experience, and knowledge:
- Experience of leading a team or teams delivering effective services to groups of vulnerable clients, in either a supported housing, support, care or other relevant environment and monitoring the performance of those services
- Experience of writing and implementing detailed operational plans and contributing to longer term planning
- Experience of communicating effectively, orally and in writing, in a wide variety of contexts
- Effective management control and business planning skills. Ability to manage and prioritise work to deadlines and achieve results through others.
- Ability to adapt to new situations and lead teams and services through substantial change
- Financial planning for service delivery; budgetary responsibility and control
- Using information systems to support the work of your team or teams and demonstrate performance and value.
- Knowledge of policy, legislation and best practice that apply across homelessness, rough sleeping, benefits, and mental health
- Knowledge of commissioning and funding environment in which The Passage operates
- Knowledge of the health and homelessness pathways that exist for people experiencing homelessness
The Closing date: 4th October 2021
The interview date: 13th October 2021
If you would like to join us in the role of Head of Community Services, please click ‘apply’ now – we would love to hear from you!