We have an exciting opportunity for a Money Advice Worker to join us based in London. You will join us on a full time, fixed term contract (lasting 12 months) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,041 per annum plus pension and other benefits.
About the role:
We have recently secured funding to recruit a Money Advice Worker to enable us to deliver this much needed service to our clients. This post sits within our Client Development Team consisting of Employment and Training services, Mentoring, Welfare Rights, Destitution services, Immigration legal services, Private Rented Sector Housing support and the Irish client’s service. The Passage has been delivering Money Advice services to clients since 2004 and has a longstanding relationships with Financial Institutions.
Our Money Advice Worker will assist clients to be better able to manage their finances and to ensure their income is maximised including identifying which benefits they are entitled to and by engaging in therapeutic group work.
Key responsibilities of our Money Advice Worker will include:
- Carrying out client assessments and formulate action plans aimed at maximising their income and minimising their debts
- Together with the Group and Engagement Worker, setting up and running appropriate groups for instance: Gambling, Budgeting and Money management
- Assisting clients with basic debt advice and help them talk to creditors, debt recovery agencies, fines officials, benefit deduction orders, the child maintenance service and other like bodies
- Assisting clients to open bank accounts and reactivate dormant accounts where appropriate
- Assisting clients to assess their pension entitlements via the BR19 service
- Assisting clients to recover any outstanding assets due to them
- Assisting clients by performing ‘better off calculations’ so that they can tell how much they need to earn or earn and claim in order to make employment economically viable
- Identify with clients when this level of Money Advice is insufficient and refer to appropriate alternative services
Our ideal Money Advice Worker will have the following skills, experience, and knowledge:
- Experience of delivering money advice on a one to one level
- Experience of working with people who exhibit challenging behavior
- Experience of working with and referring to partner agencies
- Experience of devising and monitoring personalized action plans with clients
- Experience of advocating on behalf of clients.
- Intermediate level knowledge of the benefit system, particularly ESA, JSA and Universal Credit
- Knowledge about working with monetary addictions like impulse buying and gambling
- Knowledge of the Credit Services Agency, code of practice
- Knowledge of different types of bank accounts particularly, basic bank accounts, jam jar accounts and Post Office Card Accounts
- Knowledge of debt management, particularly Individual Voluntary Agreements and other less formal repayment plans on the market
The Closing date: 1st February 2021 at 10am
The interview date: 11th February 2021
If you would like to join us in the role of Money Advice Worker, please click ‘apply’ now – we would love to hear from you!