We have an exciting opportunity for a Outreach Worker – Community Intervention Team to join our team based in London. You will join us on a full time, fixed term contract for 12 months and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,453 per annum (NJC Scale 19-22) inc LW + pension and other benefits.
The Passage has been the caretaker of London’s homeless community for over 40 years. Our vision is of a society where street homelessness no longer exists and where everyone has a place to call home.
Our Community Intervention Team partners with local authorities and agencies to engage with and effectively support people bedding down or involved in day-time street activity in the City of Westminster. In doing so, we offer our clients opportunities to access safe accommodation and wrap-around support services that give hope for the future and a chance to transform lives.
The team work closely and collaboratively within the multi-agency partnership framework, using a combination of brief interventions, linking, and making referrals and encompassing all aspects of outreach work alongside a multitude of other partner agencies.
As we emerged from the pandemic, the Passage worked hard to review how we deliver services with an important focus on reflecting our learning in how we support the people and communities we work with. Our new service model is focussed on prevention, a renewed sense of urgency to end homelessness, collaboration, ambition for the people we work with and advocacy for social justice.
It is a requirement for this post that an enhanced DBS disclosure check will be undertaken for the successful candidate
About the role:
As our Outreach Worker, you will help eliminate rough sleeping and associated street activity in Westminster by engaging with and providing advice, support and assistance to enable rough sleepers and vulnerable adults to access accommodation and other services relevant to their needs.
Key responsibilities of our Outreach Worker will include:
- With your line manager, to continuously develop the role to ensure that all tasks are being undertaken in an effective and appropriate manner which meets the strategic aims and objectives of The Passage.
- Participating in internal/external meetings as required, and attend training events, conferences and other functions as necessary.
- Using The Passage Resource Centre as a base, undertake client work and administration as detailed in the staff rota, undertaking flexible duties to cover for sickness and holidays, as required.
- Participating in regular supervision and annual appraisal and help in identifying your own job-related development and training needs.
- Ensuring that all The Passage policies and procedures are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health and Safety, Code of Practice and Confidentiality.
- Contributing to the effective implementation of The Passage’s Diversity and Equality Policy as it affects both The Passage and its work with vulnerable adults.
- Undertaking your role in a professional manner maintaining a high-quality standard of work, and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of The Passage.
- Undertaking any other duties that may be required which are commensurate with the role or organisational requirements.
Our ideal Outreach Worker will have the following experience and knowledge which will need to be demonstrated on the application form:
- Experience of multi-agency working to achieve positive outcomes for people experiencing homelessness
- Working flexibly in different locations (including the streets), and different times as directed by client need and management.
- Experience of assessing client needs and supporting clients to address their needs through assertive case management.
- A client-centred recovery focused approach and the necessary professional social skills to initiate and maintain constructive and appropriate relations with clients and agencies in a detached street environment.
- Understanding the support needs of the street populations with complex health, and housing needs.
- Knowledge of the services and legislative environment regarding housing, health, work and immigration as it relates to homeless people
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing and collate and evidence work and outcomes using case management databases.
Closing date: 11th July 2022
Interview potential date:18th July 2022
Please note for this role a CV will not be accepted.
If you would like to join us in the role of Outreach Worker, please click ‘apply’ now – we would love to hear from you!