Job Title: Freelance Project Manager/ Consultant
Responsible to: Head of Programmes
To apply, please provide a covering letter (no more than 2 pages) outlining your skills and experience for this role. CV received without a cover letter will not be accepted.
The Patients Association is an independent patient charity campaigning for improvements in health and social care for patients. Our purpose is to ensure that everybody can access and benefit from the health and care they need to live well, by ensuring that services are designed and delivered through equal partnership with patients.
Each year we facilitate and manage a number of national and local projects, reports and engagement events. The range of this work is considerable and varied, from surveys and focus groups to gathering patient experience and working with individual Trusts and patient groups.
As a freelance project manager, you will lead specific projects ensuring that the patient voice is heard and the project delivers to improve patient experience and support patients to fully engage in their own care.
Reporting to the Head of Programmes but with direct working with the Leadership Team in their areas of responsibility you will have the ability to manage engagement and research projects from start to finish using your excellent understanding of quality improvement tools and approaches.
You will have a good understanding of NHS and social care processes and structures. In addition to the above, you will have strong written and oral communication skills, as well as experience of engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
This involves developing a detailed project plan based on a project brief and budget to deliver the agreed objectives. Setting up a project team to support the delivery and completing all governance documentation (Equality impact, data protection impact and risk assessment). A detailed timeline with key milestones and progress updates will need to be created and monitored making sure all relevant staff/ stakeholders are kept up to speed with any tasks they are supporting.
You will have experience of leading or participating in patient engagement activities. Working with groups of patients and clinicians to facilitate discussions and explore topics. This role will require you to design and implement surveys, structured interviews and focus groups, diversity of participants will be key. You will be involved in all aspects of the engagement including, recruitment, vetting and debriefing ensuring that all materials produced are accessible and inclusive.
Gathering evidence and patient testimony is a key for this role. Analysing qualitative and quantitative data into something meaningful for both patients and funders will be an essential requirement.
The Patients Association project outputs tend to include a report highlighting the aims and outcomes and methodology as well as key recommendations based on findings. You will be able to deliver written reports to a professional level with strong attention to detail.
- Proven understanding of NHS and social care processes and structures
- Excellent project and programme management including evaluation and impact reporting.
- Proven experience of national of national policy and current issues affecting health and social care
- Proven ability to manage and deliver a project from start to finish
- Experience of facilitating engagement events (focus groups), including online via Zoom and MS Teams
- Strong professional report writing and analytical skills
- Experience of stakeholder analysis and outreach
- Research Skills
- Giving information and advice
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to engage effectively with people with a variety of difference experiences, commitment to diversity and equal opportunities,
- Committed to the values of the organisation and working with those when representing the Patients Association.
- Published in peer-reviewed journal
- Good understanding of improvement tools and methodologies
- Ability to travel throughout the UK
- Ability to work away from home
- Ability to meet occasional tight deadlines
- Strategic development and planning
- Experience of change management in complex organisations
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.