Responsible to: Head of Programmes and Community Engagement
Our Vision is that health and social care will be delivered in a way that meets every person’s health and social care needs.
As part of our team of freelance project managers, you will lead specific projects ensuring that the patient’s voice is heard so as to improve patient experience and support people to fully engage in their own care. Reporting to the Head of Projects you will have the ability to manage engagement and research projects from start to finish using your excellent understanding of quality improvement tools and approaches.
You will have a good understanding of NHS and social care processes and structures and experience of leading or participating in health or social care quality improvement projects. In addition to the above, you will have strong written and oral communication skills, as well as experience of engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
We are particularly interested in candidates with experience of complaints management within healthcare. Relevant experience would lead to the development and delivery of complaints handling training to make the process more patient centred.
Although some of the work will be homebased there will be occasional travel depending on the requirements of the project. Our Headquarters are based in North West London, but we would welcome applicants from across the UK.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To manage projects as requested, gathering patient and service user feedback, and delivering high quality evidence-based reports which will help influence and shape health and social care services.
- To analyse the results of surveys and investigations to identify themes and draw conclusions, as well as writing up results for publication in order to get maximum impact in improving health and social care services for patients
- To work with quantitative and qualitative data collected through public engagement to analyse patients’ views and experiences of health and social care services.
- To present at meetings, focus groups and committees in a clear and effective way.
- To assist with planning, facilitating and delivering focus groups, workshops and other events as required, including booking venues, finding and preparing attendees, event management and delivering presentations.
- Support the signposting function of the Patients Association ensuring patients obtain reliable and up to date information on all health and social care services available to them.
- Working with NHS trusts, corporate sponsors and other stakeholders in planning and managing a project.
- Deep understanding of NHS and social care processes and structures
- Deep understanding of change management in complex organisations
- Good understanding of project and programme management and the theory of change
- Good understanding of national policy and current issues affecting health and social care
- Ability to analyse performance data
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of leading or participating in a health or social care quality improvement project.
- Published in peer-reviewed journal
- Good understanding of improvement tools and methodologies
- Ability to travel throughout the UK
- Ability to work away from home
- Ability to meet occasional tight deadlines
- Strategic development and planning
- Business management
- Customer relationship management
- Giving information and advice
We will always treat patients and their families, friends, carers as individuals. We will listen and act with respect and dignity.
We will seek to work with a wide range of stakeholders to share knowledge and promote excellence within the health and social care sector.
We have a responsibility to all patients. We will campaign against discrimination and disadvantage in the health and social care sector.
We will always put patient interests first and ensure that their voice is heard to create lasting change.
We demand the best from ourselves and the health and social care service. We will take pride in what we do and champion innovation
Motivated and self-starting
- Excellent organisational skills, able to manage competing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working as part of a small team with a flexible, proactive, positive approach
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.