Flexible working arrangements of offer
This role offers a great opportunity to play a significant part in the exciting next stage of the development of The Petchey Academy, delivering an outstanding finance and business function to the academy as Head of Finance and Business.
The Petchey Academy is a standalone academy (with over 1000 students and a £10m annual budget) with a strong financial position. It is also worth noting that the Academy has gained several awards including ECM Gold, Inclusion Award and National Healthy School Status.
Working closely with the CEO and the Governing Body and attending both the Main Board and the sub-committee meetings, the postholder will work as a member of the Strategic Leadership Team which meets regularly to set the strategic direction of the Academy and plan, organise, monitor and evaluate its work. This is an important and broad role, leading a team of 4 and overseeing:
- Financial Management of the Academy
- Facilities Management, IT Support and Health & Safety
- Risk Management
- Fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Relevant leadership of teams, ideally overseeing wider than Finance
- A genuine passion for the education sector, ideally with professional experience of having worked for another academy or multiple academy trust
- A natural communicator with a strength in explaining financial complexities to a range of key stakeholders
- A strong strategist with a solution-based approach and credible at advising at Board level
Timings & process:
Please contact Michael Quest of Ivy Rock Partners directly for the candidate pack/informal discussion about the role. You will need to share your cv and a brief 1-page cover letter to apply.
- Application deadline: December 2020
- Interviews – January 2021