The Philanthropy Workshop is seeking a Coordinator to be based in either our New York or London office. This position reports to the Program Director based in London. Preferred start date is March 2021 or later.
WHO WE ARE
The Philanthropy Workshop (TPW) is a dynamic, expanding and highly entrepreneurial organization with ten team members across offices in London, New York, and San Francisco. TPW is the global leader in strategic philanthropy education and fosters a member network of over 350 individuals from around the world, all trained in the core principles and practices of strategic philanthropy. Our mission is to accelerate social impact by mobilizing a global network of strategic investors united by their commitment to unlock resources, lifelong learning, collaboration and entrepreneurial approaches.
WHO WE NEED
TPW is seeking a Community Coordinator to support program logistics, design, development and delivery and support member engagement and growth across TPW's global community. Our work environment is fast-paced, informal, collaborative and professional. This position will work with all members of the TPW team, especially the Community Team led by the Executive Vice President, and will report to the Program Director.
Primary responsibilities include:
Learning Program Coordination
- Help curate TPW’s global program slate by assisting in researching speakers, preparing workshop materials and other activities as needed to run our programs seamlessly
- Correspond with and manage program participant and speaker needs prior to, during and following each program
- Manage program registrations, invitations, and attendance records in Salesforce database
- Prepare and coordinate logistics for our virtual and in-person learning programs and other events, e.g., research and coordinate with tech platforms, venues, vendors and consultants
- Setup and maintain audio/visual equipment and technology for programs and events
- Maintain program budgets
- Respond to member needs and inquiries in person, in writing and on the phone where appropriate
- Assist with acquisition and onboarding of new TPW members
- Support logistics and scheduling for TPW peer groups
- Help maintain data entry in Salesforce database and TPW’s digital Member Community
- Assist with logistics of TPW Board of Trustees meetings as needed
- Schedule and prepare senior staff for member meetings
- Work with operational staff to ensure consistent practices and alignment across geographies
- Responsible for maintaining clean and accurate data entry and providing input for improved data collection processes as needed
- Manage other administrative operations as needed to support a global, virtual team
WHO YOU ARE
TPW recognizes that experience comes in a variety of forms and considers candidates with a range of backgrounds. We are a small, high-performing staff and the ideal candidate must fit into our fast-paced, mission-aligned team. This requires a self-starter who will thrive working together with a team and independently, is willing to dive into new projects and eager to contribute in a wide variety of ways to our global team.
A successful candidate will have the following personal and professional orientation:
- Passion for our mission and driving positive social change
- Humility and ability to "roll up your sleeves" and jump in
- Relationship-driven focus
- Commitment to a learning mindset
- Collaborative culture builder
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends
- Willingness to travel, sometimes internationally, for select programs and meetings
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in logistics and event coordination or program/project management
- Experience liaising with philanthropists, major donors or senior executives a plus
- Experience in/knowledge of nonprofit, philanthropy and/or technology sector a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Friendly, professional and thorough approach to relationships
- Comfortable in entrepreneurial and nimble environment, working as a resourceful, flexible team member who can wear many hats as needed to meet objectives
- Able and willing to work highly independently, proactively and also in a collaborative setting
- Capable of managing multiple projects at once, prioritizing and problem-solving
- Proficient in ML Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint and the ability to learn quickly new tools and technologies; proficiency with Salesforce and/or other databases a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time position with a salary range of USD 60-65,000 or GBP 45-50,000, depending on experience. Our salaries are competitive with other similar organizations and benchmarked for the cost of living in London and New York. TPW offers an excellent benefits package. We also offer a flexible work environment with a balanced schedule of in-office and work-at-home time.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.