This is is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Events and Marketing Officer to join our friendly Events and Marketing Team.
As a key role within the team, you will work closely with colleagues on The Society’s scientific conferences, including our Annual Conference, up to four two-day focused meetings, up to five one-day focused symposia a year, and The Journal of Physiology Virtual Journal Club. These events are either in-person, or online.
You will also have the opportunity of taking the lead in organising individual two-day meetings and focused symposia.
This is is an interesting, challenging and varied role that supports one of the key charitable activities of The Society.
This position will suit someone who is excellent at, and enjoys, planning and organisation, combined with good communications and proof reading skills.
The Physiological Society
We promote physiology and support those working in the field by organising world-class scientific meetings, offering grants for research, collaboration and international travel, and by publishing the latest developments in our leading scientific journals, The Journal of Physiology, Experimental Physiology and Physiological Reports.
This position will suit someone who enjoys planning and organisation and has at least 2 years' events coordination experience, primarily in conferences, and who can hit the ground running.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Producing event plans and schedules;
- Liaising with the organisers(s) to agree dates and scientific programme, and with speakers regarding the abstract submissions etc;
- Producing and managing registration both online via our CRM and on site dealing with any queries;
- Managing the abstract submission process and period, including collating abstracts for review, notifying the submitters, and compiling the information for the website and printed programme
- Collating all the information for the printed programme;
- Managing all pre-event, onsite, and post-event logistics including floorplans, catering and AV support
- Running the symposia on the day, either with or without the support of colleagues
- Setting, controlling and reporting on the event budget
- Working with communications team to promote events, including social media
The essential requirements of the role are:
- A minimum of two years’ events coordination experience, primarily in conferences;
- A degree in any life science is desirable;
- Demonstrable excellent planning, logistical, organisational and administrative skills;
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrable excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills.
Please see our full job description attached.
The position is full time. It is based at our head office in Farringdon, London with hybrid working for approx. 2 days a week from the office. We also offer excellent benefits including a generous holiday allowance,
We are committed to actively promoting equality, diversity and inclusivity. To this end we would welcome applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including minoritised communities and applicants with a disability, to better reflect the community we support and help broaden our perspectives.
The deadline for applications is 1 July 2022. Please note, applications are in the form of a tailored cover letter and CV.
Interviews will be held at our office in Farringdon on 11/12 July 2022.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.