Contract Type: FTC - 12 Months
Hours: Full Time, 35 hours per week
Closing Date: 23:59 on Sunday 18th April 2021
Salary: £29,500.00 to £34,000.00
As a Business Development Manager with The Prince’s Trust, you’ll work closely with our wider corporate partnerships team to enable us to provide funding to achieve our goals of supporting young people.
You’ll work within the Sponsorship and Commercial team who create innovative charity partnership opportunities to support and drive our strategy, and help us secure new partnerships and increase the income generated within the targeted areas.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have worked in environments where you’ve utilised and grown your relationship management skills including the ability to pitch ideas and negotiate outcomes. You’ll ideally have experience in working to tight deadlines and managing a busy workload and portfolio of activities too. Due to the types of clients you’ll be working with, experience of the media or advertising industry would be highly beneficial.
For more information view our job description here (you may have to click apply or view our website to see this if viewing on a job board)
Why we need Business Development Manager - Sponsorship and Commercial :
Last year, we helped more than 70,000 young people, with three in four young people on our programmes, move into work, education or training.
The young people we help face a range of challenges, such as unemployment, mental health issues or some have been in trouble with the law. Our job is to inspire and support young people, to help them reach their potential so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We believe all young people should have the chance to succeed, and that young people are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Flexible working! Where operationally possible, you can work hours to fit in with, school hours or care arrangements for example and you can also work from home.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- In-house learning platform!Develop your skills for your career and your role
- The Trust will contribute 5%of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
Here at The Prince's Trust, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can be themselves and do the best work of their lives is the right thing to do.
We’re a Stonewall Diversity Champion and we are an employer that is Disability Confident. Our staff, volunteers and young people are supported by PT CAN (our Cultural Awareness Network), PT NOW (Network of Women), PT DAWN (Disability & Wellbeing Network) and Pulse (LGBT Network). For more information, click here.
The Prince's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment, we undertake basic disclosure checks in accordance with the Codes of Practice for all roles within the Trust, and for our roles working directly with young people, at an enhanced level. Having a criminal record will not automatically exclude applicants.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
Req ID: 743