Location: You can be based in any of our UK offices.
We are growing our Technology leadership team and looking for someone to lead the transformation of our Business Services portfolio, responsible for the technology that allows our staff and volunteers to do amazing work with Young People and to support the effective running of our organisation.
This critical role will lead a team responsible for the development and operations of a suite of services that support our operations, fundraising, HR, Finance and other support functions, many of which need to be refreshed, consolidated or replaced in the coming years.
You will be perfect for this role if you have a passion for building technology services that balance meeting user needs with operational effectiveness and want to be part of an organisation with true purpose.
For more information, please go to the job description. (If you're viewing this on an external job board, please click apply to be directed to our website).
We work with young people from every background, so we’re passionate about building a diverse workforce that represents the young people we support. We, therefore, welcome applications from everyone who meets the essential criteria for the role. If you think you could do the role, but don’t have all the desirable experience, we would still love for you to apply.
Upon joining the Trust, you’ll have the opportunity to join and be supported by our 4 main networks. PT CAN (Cultural Awareness Network), PT GEN (Gender Equality), PT PULSE (LGBTQ+ network) and PT DAWN (Disability and Wellness Network). We want to work with people who think they can make a difference in young people’s lives, if you think that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
Why we need a Head of Business Services:
Last year, we helped more than 70,000 young people, with three in four young people on our programmes, move into work, education or training.
The young people we help face a range of challenges, such as unemployment, mental health issues or some have been in trouble with the law. Our job is to inspire and support young people, to help them reach their potential so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We believe all young people should have the chance to succeed, and that young people are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Flexible working! Where operationally possible, you can work hours to fit in with, school hours or care arrangements for example and you can also work from home.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- In-house learning platform! Develop your skills for your career and your role
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
The Prince's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment, we undertake basic disclosure checks in accordance with the Codes of Practice for all roles within the Trust, and for our roles working directly with young people, at an enhanced level. Having a criminal record will not automatically exclude applicants.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
Req ID: 773
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.