This role is known as Prince’s Trust Executive in The Prince’s Trust
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time - 35 hours a week
Location: You will be based in our Glasgow hub but will have flexibility to travel across the region
The Prince’s Trust specialises in helping young people develop the confidence and skills to live, learn and earn, and has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic youth worker to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace and is as passionate as us about transforming the lives of young people.
You will work directly with young people, volunteers and partners to deliver programmes and activities to support and encourage 11-30 year olds. Working as part of a team within Glasgow, you will work with clear objectives to ‘connect’, ‘progress’ and help ‘transform’ the lives of young people who need us most.
- You will predominately be in the delivery team which focuses on Personal and Social development courses including the use of Adventurous Activities.
- You will be on delivery between 3-4 days a week.
- The other days you will be in the office planning courses, maintenance checks of kit training, team meetings etc.
To support our delivery requirements across Glasgow, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals with some of the following:
- To be able to engage in challenges with optimism and resilience.
- To be adaptive and flexible, ready to embrace change and innovation.
- Experienced in providing one-to-one support and delivering high quality learning and development sessions through a variety of mediums including adventurous activities.
- Natural and effective communicator, passionate about delivering excellent customer service and making the right decision for young people.
- A sound understanding of how Outdoor Education can be adjusted and applied in an urban setting.
- Good outdoor group management experience
- A minimum of two NGB qualifications from: Summer Mountain Leader/Walking Group Leader assessed – Rock climbing Instructor/Climbing Wall instructor – Paddle Sport Leader or Instructor – MIA S Level 2 or British cycling Level 2.
- Skills or training evidence in a third adventurous/outdoor activity
- First Aid qualification with outdoor focus and relevant to other qualifications (BASP, REC, etc)
- D1 driving license.
Perks of working at The Trust:
- 25 days annual leave entitlement rising by 1 day per year to 30 days, plus bank holidays
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
- Interest free season ticket loans
- A contribution of 5% of your salary by The Trust to the Trust Pension Scheme
- Flexible, family-friendly policies (maternity, adoption, paternity, shared parental leave)
- Opportunities to volunteer for and/or attend events e.g. music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- In-house and external training opportunities available throughout the year
- You will be supporting young people to develop skills for life – confidence, communication, teamwork.
- You will be supporting young people to gain qualifications
- You will be supporting young people to set and achieve their goals
- You will be supporting young people to move into positive destinations – employment, education, diversionary activities or further development opportunities
- Work in a challenging, fast-paced but fun and supportive environment
- Working with a diverse team of people.
The Prince’s Trust is committed to safeguarding, protecting and promoting the welfare of the children and young people we work with. Successful applicants to roles at The Prince’s Trust will be subject to criminal vetting checks, and where necessary for the role, a check at an enhanced level will be required.
To apply for this vacancy please go to our website and complete the online application. To help you with the supporting statement section, you may want to download a copy of the Prince’s Trust Behavioural Framework.
About The Prince’s Trust youth charity
This year we will support more than 70,000 young people through a range of proven programmes, with three in four achieving a positive outcome.
We have a bold ambition to extend the reach and impact of our work and help one million more young people transform their lives over the next ten years. Our job is to inspire them, support them and release their potential, so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We will focus on innovation, to ensure we adapt and remain relevant in a rapidly changing world. We owe it to ourselves and the young people we serve, to do the best work of our lives and to help give them an increasing stake in our economy and society. They are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we'd like a helping hand. We'll be in touch if we need you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.