Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time, 35 hours a week
Closing Date: 23:59 on Sunday 16th February
In The Prince's Trust, this role is known as Prince's Trust Executive.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic youth worker to join our dynamic team and is well suited to an individual that is looking to gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. The successful candidate must be as passionate as us about transforming the lives of young people.
As an Executive, you will work with young people, volunteers and partners to deliver programmes and activities to support and encourage 11-30 year olds. Working as part of a team within Clyde Valley you will work with clear objectives to 'connect', 'progress' and help 'transform' the lives of young people who need us most.
- Supporting young people to develop their confidence and skills
- Delivery of our Fairbridge programme which focuses on personal and social development courses - this includes the use of Adventurous Activities
- You will be on delivery between 3-4 days a week
- The days you aren't on delivery, you will be in the office planning courses, maintenance checks of kit training, organising and budgeting
- Supporting young people into positive outcomes
- Experienced in providing one-to-one support and delivering high quality learning & development sessions through a variety of mediums including adventurous activities
- Experience of facilitating skills development in informal learning provision (sports/arts/outdoors)
- A sound understanding of how Outdoor Education can be adjusted and applied in an urban setting.
- Good outdoor group management experience
- To be able to engage in challenges with optimisim and resilience
- To be adaptive and flexible, ready to embrace change and innocation
- Natural and effective communicator, passionate about delivering excellent customer service and making the right decision for young people
- A minimum of two NGB qualifications from; summer mountain leader/walking group leader assessed, rock climbing instructor/climbing wall instructor, paddle sport leader or instructor, MIA S level 2 or British cycling level 2.
- Skills or training evidence in a third adventurous/outdoor activity
- First aid qualification with outdoor focus and relevant to other qualifications (BASP, REC, etc)
- D1 driving license is desirable but not essential
For more information, please take a look at the job description or our 'Working with Young People' page.
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Interest free season ticket loans
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
- Volunteer / attend events such as music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- In-house and external training opportunities available throughout the year.
Why we need Execs:
This year we will support more than 70,000 young people through a range of proven programmes, with three in four achieving a positive outcome.
We have a bold ambition to extend the reach and impact of our work and help one million young people transform their lives over the next ten years. Our job is to inspire them, support them and release their potential, so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We will focus on innovation, to ensure we adapt and remain relevant in a rapidly changing world. We owe it to ourselves and the young people we serve to do the best work of our lives and to help give them an increasing stake in our economy and society. They are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
Salary for this role depends on experience and starts from £20,300.00
The Prince's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to equality and believe in building a diverse organisation that is representative of and responsive to the needs of our young people and stakeholders.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.