This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic youth and health & social care focused person to join our dynamic team and is well suited to an individual that is looking to gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. The successful candidate must be as passionate as us about transforming the lives of young people.
Countless talented young people across the country are unemployed, under-employed or looking for a better career. Meanwhile, across the health and social care sector there is currently in a workforce crisis with thousands of vacancies across hundreds of different roles.
See some potential to do some brilliant work? Us too! Could you lead our programmes to get 10,000 young people into health and social care careers over the next 3 years?
As an Operations Executive, you will work with young people, volunteers and partners to deliver programmes and activities to support and encourage 16-30-year olds into sustained health and social care jobs. Working as part of a team within our Central region you will work with clear objectives to ‘connect’, ‘progress’ and help ‘transform’ the lives of young people who need us most.
- Supporting young people to develop their confidence and skills.
- Delivery of Prince's Trust's Health & Social Care project.
- Accurately record and track young people’s journey and progression using The Prince’s Trust CRM system.
- Supporting young people into positive sustained outcomes including education, training, and employment.
- Ensuring young people who need us the most are recruited and engaged through outreach.
- This role could be based in any Prince’s Trust centres within Central region or as a homeworker this role can involve travel throughout Central England, but we are particularly interested in people with local knowledge of the following areas: Birmingham, Nottingham and Norwich.
- Co-ordinating with partners to deliver employment programmes, including leading skills sessions.
- Ensuring every young person ‘progressed’ has an action plan with an appropriate pathway of support and keeping detailed records of our engagement with them.
- Recruitment and management of trusted partners who refer to and/or deliver our services.
- The recruitment and management of volunteers to support and deliver our services.
To support our delivery requirements across Central England we are particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals who have some of the following qualities:
- Experience of the NHS or Health & Social Care sector in any capacity
- Experience of recruiting people into roles within Health & Social Care
- Experience in caseload management to a varied audience
- Have experience in using customer relationship management systems and reporting data
- Able to engage in challenges with optimism and resilience
- Can be adaptive and flexible, ready to embrace change and innovation
- Experience in providing one-to-one support and delivering high quality learning and development sessions through a variety of mediums.
- A natural and effective communicator, passionate about delivering excellent customer service and making the right decision for young people
- Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Youth Work or Teaching
- Health & Social Care sector
- Careers & Employability Sector
- Managing Partner Organisations and Volunteers
- Possesses a strong understanding of the challenges young people from within The Trust’s target groups might face.