Job Title: In the Trust, you will be known as a Prince's Trust Executive, not Programme Facilitator.
Location: Belfast office (Due to COVID-19, we are working with young people, volunteers and partners virtually, meaning you will temporarily be working from home.)
The Prince’s Trust Belfast are looking for individuals that share our passion to transform the lives of young people and help them into Confidence, Careers and Courses. This maternity cover is well suited to anyone with relationship management skills, as you’ll be working closely with our Delivery Partners.
What you will do:
This is not an exhaustive list and will vary from day to day.
- Negotiate a delivery plan and costs with the delivery partner.
- Draw up delivery agreements for the delivery partner to sign and process payments with them.
- Liaise with the delivery partner to confirm delivery timings, send links for virtual training and facilitate all programme sessions.
- Complete end of programme reports ensuring we are offering quality programmes to our young people.
- Support young people throughout the programme and after for progression purposes.
- Report on outcomes for our funder.
- Be process-driven and follow different processes on Frontline and DASH.
- Gathering PT and funder paperwork to confirm young person eligibility and submitting this in a timely manner (includes digital submission)
You will not be working directly with young people all of the time. On average, 40% of your time will be spent on delivery and 60% will be involving data, paperwork and processing, so excellent organisational skills are a must.
What we need from you:
It is essential that you have a strong understanding of the challenges young people within the Trust’s target groups face and we need you to provide evidence of this in your supporting statement and CV.
You would do well in this role if you have an admin background and can adapt your communication approach depending on the audience – whether that’s a young person, volunteer, delivery partner or colleague.
We work with young people from every background, so we’re passionate about building a diverse workforce that represents the young people we support. We, therefore, welcome applications from everyone who meets the essential criteria for the role. If you think you could do the role, but don’t have all the desirable experience, we would still love for you to apply, as you’ll have the chance to let us know what you would bring to the table, that will help Belfast’s young people in your supporting statement.
Upon joining the Trust, you’ll have the opportunity to join and be supported by our 4 main networks. PT CAN (Cultural Awareness Network), PT GEN (Gender Equality), PT PULSE (LGBTQ+ network) and PT DAWN (Disability and Wellness Network). We want to work with people who think they can make a difference in young people’s lives, if you think that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
To see the criteria for the role, please go to the job description. (This will open in a new window)
For more information on our Execs, visit our ‘Working with young people’ page. (This will open in a new window)
If you are viewing this from an external job board, please click apply to be directed to our website, where you can view the job description and submit an application.
If you have any questions about this role that can’t be found in the job description, please email Claudia via the Resourcing mailbox and quote the req ID 759. The email address is on our website.
Why we need Programme Facilitators:
Last year, we helped more than 70,000 young people, with three in four young people on our programmes, move into work, education or training.
The young people we help face a range of challenges, such as unemployment, mental health issues or some who have been in trouble with the law. Our job is to inspire and support young people, to help them reach their potential so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We believe all young people should have the chance to succeed, and that young people are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
Perks for working at The Trust:
Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Flexible working! Where operationally possible, you can work hours to fit in with, school hours or care arrangements for example and you can also work from home.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- In-house learning platform!Develop your skills for your career and your role
- The Trust will contribute 5%of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
Here at The Prince's Trust, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can be themselves and do the best work of their lives is the right thing to do.
We’re a Stonewall Diversity Champion and we are an employer that is Disability Confident. Our staff, volunteers and young people are supported by PT CAN (our Cultural Awareness Network), PT GEN (Gender Equality), PT DAWN (Disability & Wellbeing Network) and Pulse (LGBT Network). For more information, click here.
The Prince's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment, we undertake basic disclosure checks in accordance with the Codes of Practice for all roles within the Trust, and for our roles working directly with young people, at an enhanced level. Having a criminal record will not automatically exclude applicants.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
Req ID: 759
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.