You can be based from any of our UK Trust offices, not just the locations advertised.
The Prince’s Trust is seeking a talented and enthusiastic person to be our Safeguarding Training Manager. Passionate and knowledgeable about safeguarding children and young people with a proven track record in designing and developing engaging and insightful safeguarding training, you will be working with a range of stakeholders at the Trust to ensure everyone who works, volunteers or delivers our programmes knows how we safeguard and protect every child and young person we engage with.
Sitting within the National Safeguarding Team and working closely with our colleagues in our Learning Team to deliver consistent, high-quality safeguarding training at scale, you will benefit from a range of benefits outlined below.
We anticipate the role will need to provide support to colleagues based in delivery centres across the UK, so being able to commit to UK wide travel (when restrictions ease) and potential weekend work, is a must.
For more information, please go to the job description. To apply, click on apply now and you will be directed to our website.
We are expecting a high level of interest in this role, so would encourage you to include all of your relevant experience, alongside your motivation to help young people and interest in the Trust, in your supporting statement.
Why we need Safeguarding Training Managers:
Last year, we helped more than 70,000 young people, with three in four young people on our programmes, move into work, education or training.
The young people we help face a range of challenges, such as unemployment, mental health issues or some who have been in trouble with the law. Our job is to inspire and support young people, to help them reach their potential so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We believe all young people should have the chance to succeed, and that young people are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days of annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Flexible working! Where operationally possible, you can work hours to fit in with, school hours or care arrangements for example and you can also work from home.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- In-house learning platform! Develop your skills for your career and your role
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
Here at The Prince's Trust, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can be themselves and do the best work of their lives is the right thing to do.
We’re a Stonewall Diversity Champion and we are an employer that is Disability Confident. Our staff, volunteers and young people are supported by PT CAN (our Cultural Awareness Network), PT NOW (Network of Women), PT DAWN (Disability & Wellbeing Network) and Pulse (LGBT Network). For more information, click here.
The Prince's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment, we undertake basic disclosure checks in accordance with the Codes of Practice for all roles within the Trust, and for our roles working directly with young people, at an enhanced level. Having a criminal record will not automatically exclude applicants.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
Req ID: 686
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.