3 x Permanent – North, Central and South. Full time- 35 hours a week
Can be based in any Trust office in the UK, please let us know where you would be based if successful in your application.
About the role
Countless talented young people across the country are unemployed, under-employed or looking for a better career. Meanwhile, the NHS (one of the largest employers in Europe) is currently in a staffing crisis with thousands of vacancies across hundreds of roles. See some potential to do some brilliant work? Us too! Could you be part of the senior team leading our programmes to get 10,000 young people into health and care careers over the next 3 years?
You might be the right person for our Senior Head of Operations (Health & Care) role.
You’ll be to be someone who…
- Wants to see things change. You’ll need to believe in your heart that all young people have limitless potential
- Is comfortable being uncomfortable. We’re a place where innovation is rife so change and uncertainty is inevitable
- Loves being around people. Capable of leading people to achieve amazing things; not being scared to ask people to dig-deep or to make difficult decisions
- Enjoys negotiating and problem solving with the capability to work at a strategic level but also to understand the practicalities of operational delivery
- Has a good understanding of the health and care sector and/or expertise in working with young people
You should know…
- We think big. We want to have impact across the whole country. That means we spend a fair bit of time on trains or on Skype
- We’re positive, proactive, solutions-focused people. We take a strengths-based approach to everything we do, believing anything is possible
- We’re super digital and data driven… or trying to be! If you hate tech or numbers, you might not love us. We work at pace, continually looking at our performance and seeing how we can improve.
- We’re recruiting 3 Senior Heads of Operations, one for each of our regions in England (North, Central & South)
In a nutshell, you’ll be responsible for…
- Ultimately, getting 10,000 young people into health and care careers over the next 3 years
- Developing excellent partnerships and overseeing the delivery of national contracts
- Managing large teams spread across a large geography
- ….and lots of other things detailed in the Job Description!
To apply for this vacancy please go to our website and complete the online application and make it clear which region you're applying for even if it's multiple. To help you with the supporting statement section, you may want to click here to download a copy of the Prince's Trust Behavioural Framework.
If you are selected for an interview, the first stage will commence on the 1st October. The second interviews will commence on the 3rd October if Central & North and the 4th if in the South region. Please ensure you are free on these days.
About The Prince’s Trust
We are a youth charity whose mission is to help young people transform their lives by developing the confidence and skills, to live, learn and earn. This year we will support more than 70,000 young people through a range of proven programmes, with three in four achieving a positive outcome!
We have a bold ambition to extend the reach and impact of our work and help one million more young people transform their lives over the next ten years. Our job is to inspire them, support them and release their potential, so that they can thrive and society can prosper. We will focus on innovation, to ensure we adapt and remain relevant in a rapidly changing world. We owe it to ourselves and the young people we serve, to do the best work of our lives and to help give them an increasing stake in our economy and society. They are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
The Prince’s Trust is committed to safeguarding, protecting and promoting the welfare of the children and young people we work with. Successful applicants to roles at The Prince’s Trust will be subject to criminal vetting checks, and where necessary for the role, a check at an enhanced level will be required.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we'd like a helping hand. We'll be in touch if we need you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.