Location: Remote working
Are you passionate about working with young people and supporting the health and social care sector?
We have several exciting opportunities across the country to join our dynamic team that are well suited to individuals who are looking to gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. The successful candidates must be as passionate as us about transforming the lives of young people.
Countless talented young people across the country are unemployed, under-employed or looking for a better career. Meanwhile, across social care and the NHS (one of the largest employers in Europe) there is currently a staffing crisis with thousands of vacancies across hundreds of roles. In this role you have the power to make a difference in this crucial time. Could you lead our programmes to support 10,000 young people into health and care careers by 2023?
As a Youth Development Lead, you will work with young people, volunteers and partners to deliver programmes and activities to support and encourage 16-30-year olds into sustained health and social care roles. Working as part of a regional team, you will work with clear objectives to ‘connect’, ‘progress’ and help ‘transform’ the lives of young people who need us most.
This is a really exciting time for our team as we are expanding and have a number of Youth Development Lead vacancies across England. We embrace flexible working at The Prince’s Trust so these roles can be home based, although please be aware there will be a requirement to regularly travel to the patch you are supporting to deliver programmes. As part of your application, please indicate where in the country you are based/would like to work in and can commute to.
- Supporting young people to develop their confidence and skills
- Organisation and delivery of Health and Social care short courses (programmes) to engage young people with the sector and prepare them for the application process
- Accurately recording and tracking the young person’s journey and progression using The Prince’s Trust CRM system
- Supporting young people into positive sustained outcomes including education, training, and employment
- Ensuring young people who need us the most are recruited and engaged through outreach
- Managing relationships with employer partners to ensure courses run in collaboration and to a high quality
- Ensuring every young person ‘progressed’ has an action plan with an appropriate pathway of support
- Recruiting and managing volunteers to support and deliver our services
To support our delivery requirements across England we are particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals who have some of the following qualities:
- An understanding of the NHS or Health & Social Care sector in any capacity
- Experience of working with and effectively engaging with young people
- A natural and effective communicator, passionate about delivering excellent customer service and making the right decision for young people
- Experience working with data
- The ability to engage in challenges with optimism and resilience
- Be adaptive and flexible, ready to embrace change and innovation
- Experience in providing one-to-one support and delivering high quality learning and development sessions through a variety of mediums.
- Ideally have experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Youth Work or Teaching
- Health & Social Care sector
- Careers & Employability Sector
- Managing Partner Organisations and Volunteers
- A strong understanding of the challenges young people from within The Trust’s target groups might face.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.