Do you feel passionate about supporting young people to achieve their very best?
Are you looking for opportunities to gain experience within an energising and innovative team?
An exciting opportunity has opened up for an enthusiastic youth worker to join our dynamic team! This is well suited to an individual that is looking to gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
You will work with young people, volunteers and partners to deliver programmes and activities to support and encourage 11-30 year olds. Working as part of a team within Yorkshire & Humber, you will work with clear objectives to 'connect’, 'progress’ and help 'transform’ the lives of young people who need us most.
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Interest free season ticket loans!
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme!
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events! - music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover! (4 x annual salary)
- In-house and external training opportunities available throughout the year!
- Supporting young people to develop their confidence and skills.
- Delivery of Prince’s Trust programmes (Get Started, Achieve, Team, Get Into, Enterprise, Mosaic and Awards)
- Supporting young people into positive outcomes including education, training and employment.
- Planning, organising and budgeting.
- Volunteer activity management.
To support our delivery requirements across Yorkshire & Humber, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals with some of the following qualities:
- Can engage in challenges with optimism and resilience
- Is adaptive and flexible, ready to embrace change and innovation
- Experienced in providing one-to-one support and delivering high quality learning and development sessions through a variety of mediums
- Is a natural and effective communicator, passionate about delivering excellent customer service and making the right decision for young people
- Has experience of facilitating skills development in at least one of the following settings; Informal learning provision (sports/arts/outdoors), Education sector, Employment/Enterprise training, Digital learning provision, Volunteer training/management.
- Has a good understanding of the challenges young people within The Trust’s target groups face.
Please know that in The Prince’s Trust, Youth Support Workers are known as Prince’s Trust Executive’s. For more information, please go to our website.
To apply for this role, please go to our website. You will be prompted to create a profile if you haven't already got an account with us. If you need any assistance, please contact Claudia from the Trust's Talent Acquisition team.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.