Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time, 35 hours a week
Closing Date: 23:59 on Tuesday 17th March
This role is known as Prince's Trust Executive in The Prince's Trust.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic youth worker to join our dynamic team and is well suited to an individual that is looking to gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. The successful candidate has to be as passionate as us about transforming the lives of young people.
As an Executive, you will work with young people, volunteers and partners to deliver programmes and activities to support and encourage 11-30 year olds. Working as part of a team within Central South East Scotland, you will work with clear objectives to 'connect', 'progress' and help 'transform' the lives of young people who need us most.
- Supporting young people to develop their confidence and skills.
- Delivery of Prince's Trust programmes (mainly Fairbridge, Get Into and Enterprise but may have to support other areas; Get Started, Achieve, Team, Mosaic and Awards)
- Providing one-to-one support to young people, supporting them to achieve sustainable positive outcomes including education, training and employment.
- Planning, organising and budgeting.
To support our delivery requirements across Central South East Scotland, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals with the following qualities;
- Is able to engage in challenges with optimism and resilience
- Can be adaptive and flexible, ready to embrace change and innovation
- Experienced in providing one-to-one support and/or working with young people in a group work setting
- Is a natural and effective communicator, passionate about delivering excellent customer service and making the right decision for young people
- Been involved previously in residential and overnight stays
- Have experience of facilitating skills development in at least one of the following settings; Informal learning provision (sports/arts/outdoors), Education sector, Employment/Enterprise training, Digital learning provision, Volunteer training/management.
- Has a strong understanding of the challenges young people within The Trust's target groups face.
For more information, please go to the job description or our ‘Working with Young People’ page.
Why we need Execs:
This year we will support more than 70,000 young people through a range of proven programmes, with three in four achieving a positive outcome.
We have a bold ambition to extend the reach and impact of our work and help one million more young people transform their lives over the next ten years. Our job is to inspire them, support them and release their potential, so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We will focus on innovation, to ensure we adapt and remain relevant in a rapidly changing world. We owe it to ourselves and the young people we serve, to do the best work of our lives and to help give them an increasing stake in our economy and society. They are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
Perks for working at The Trust:
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
- In-house and external training opportunities available throughout the year
The Prince's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment, we undertake basic disclosure checks in accordance with the Codes of Practice for all roles within the Trust, and for our roles working directly with young people, at an enhanced level. Having a criminal record will not automatically exclude applicants.
We are committed to equality and believe in building a diverse organisation that is representative of and responsive to the needs of our young people and stakeholders.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
Req ID: 299
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.