Contract Type: Fixed Term – Maternity cover up to 12 months
Hours: Full time, 35 hours a week
Closing Date: 23:59 on Wednesday 26th February
This role is known as Prince's Trust Executive in The Prince's Trust.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic youth worker to join our dynamic team and is well suited to an individual that is looking to gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. The successful candidate has to be as passionate as us about transforming the lives of young people.
As an Executive, you will work with young people, volunteers and partners to deliver programmes and activities to support and encourage 11-30 year olds. Working as part of a team within Birmingham, you will work with clear objectives to 'connect', 'progress' and help 'transform' the lives of young people who need us most. This is post is funded by ERDF.
- Delivery of Prince's Trust programmes (Primarily Enterprise but may be involved in Fairbridge, Get Started, Achieve, Team, Get Into, Enterprise, Mosaic and Awards)
- Supporting young people to develop their confidence and skills and into positive outcomes.
- Working 1-to-1 with young people to develop their business plans and applications for finance.
- Regularly deliver sessions at colleges and universities across the city.
- Supporting volunteers on programmes; working effectively with them, external partners and young people.
To support our delivery requirements across Birmingham, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals with the following qualities:
- Can engage in challenges with optimism and resilience
- Experienced in providing one-to-one support, delivering high-quality learning and development sessions through a variety of mediums.
- Is a natural and effective communicator, passionate about delivering excellent customer service and making the right decision for young people
- A delivery background and can deliver sessions confidently.
- Worked with young people before in a formal or non-formal education setting.
- Is adaptive and flexible, ready to embrace change and innovation.
- Has a strong understanding of the challenges young people within The Trust's target groups face.
- Knowledge of business support – assessing the viability of business ideas, reviewing business plans etc, is not essential but desirable.
For more information, please go to the job description and our 'Working with Young People' page.
Why we need Execs
This year we will support more than 70,000 young people through a range of proven programmes, with three in four achieving a positive outcome.
We have a bold ambition to extend the reach and impact of our work and help one million more young people transform their lives over the next ten years. Our job is to inspire them, support them and release their potential, so that they can thrive and society can prosper.
We will focus on innovation, to ensure we adapt and remain relevant in a rapidly changing world. We owe it to ourselves and the young people we serve, to do the best work of our lives and to help give them an increasing stake in our economy and society. They are the key to a positive and prosperous future for all of us.
Perks for working at The Trust
- Great holiday package! 30 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays. Office closure the days between Christmas and New Year
- Fantastic Family leave! Receive 13 weeks full pay and 13 weeks half pay for maternity and adoption leave. Receive 8 weeks full pay for paternity leave.
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Benefits platform! Everything from health and financial wellbeing support to discounts on your favourite restaurants, shops and cinemas
- The Trust will contribute 5% of your salary to the Trust Pension Scheme
- You can volunteer for and/or attend events – music festivals, The Prince’s Trust Awards, active events etc.
- Generous life assurance cover (4 x annual salary)
- In-house and external training opportunities available throughout the year
The Prince's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment, we undertake basic disclosure checks in accordance with the Codes of Practice for all roles within the Trust, and for our roles working directly with young people, at an enhanced level. Having a criminal record will not automatically exclude applicants.
We are committed to equality and believe in building a diverse organisation that is representative of and responsive to the needs of our young people and stakeholders.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
Req ID: 298
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.