This is a very varied role working on the Queen’s Club Foundation and assisting the Events Team with the Fever-Tree Championships and other tasks. You will be joining the Events Office which is currently made up of two people, who are based at The Queen’s Club, a private Members Club.
THE QUEEN’S CLUB FOUNDATION (80% of the role February – April and July – December):
This new role will work with the Head of QCF to develop the charity and grow it so it is sustainable for the long term. The main aim for the team is to increase fundraising and offer more grants. Tasks may include, but not exhaustive to; fundraising, marketing, social media, grant management and relationship building.
The Queen’s Club Foundation was set up by Members of the Club in 2015 with the main aim to widen participation in the four sports we have at The Queen’s Club; lawn tennis, real tennis, rackets, squash. The Foundation is currently run by 7 Trustees who are all Queen’s Club Members and the Queen’s Club Tournament and Events Manager (Head of The Queen's Club Foundation) who works on the charity part-time.
THE QUEEN’S CLUB TOURNAMENT AND EVENTS (80% of the role – January and May - June):
The Queen’s Club hosts the Fever-Tree Championships every year in June. The Tournament and Events Team manages everything from the Club perspective and work closely with the LTA who manage the Tournament set up and logistics. This role will assist the Events Team throughout the year on the Fever-Tree Championships, but particularly in January when Tournament tickets are sold online to the Members and May / June with Tournament enquiries from Members and posting tickets. Ad-hoc tournament tasks may be required throughout the year.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience of working in an administrative role.
- Business experience and competent user of social media platforms.
- Organised and efficient; able to prioritise, manage multiple tasks and adapt to a variety of tasks across The Queen’s Club Events Team and Queen’s Club Foundation.
- Desirable experience of working or volunteering for a small charity or fundraising experience.
- Ideal experience, or ability to learn; WordPress website management and MailChimp email design.
- Good to excellent level of IT skills including; Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a professional and confident telephone manner.
- Good level of numeracy.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.