Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking.
We are looking for an experienced and highly skilled new business developer to lead our Corporate Fundraising programme. The Corporate Fundraiser is responsible for delivering our Corporate Fundraising strategy with a key focus on developing new business opportunities to secure both core and restricted funding for the Ramblers through strategic corporate partnerships, sponsorship arrangements, leading on reciprocal marketing activity, commission based deals and membership benefit partners (where of significant income potential to the Ramblers).
The post holder will manage the organisations funding and prospect pipelines, will identify corporate funding opportunities, conduct research, network and build relationships, deliver presentations, proposal and pitches and apply for and secure funding opportunities primarily with commercial partnerships and where appropriate non-commercial organisations that may provide income generating opportunities.
They will work closely with the Head of Fundraising to manage our corporate partners with a focus on longer term strategic fundraising relationships, continually reviewing progress and driving added value.
This position is part of the Memberships and Fundraising division reporting to the Head of Fundraising. The Membership and Fundraising division is responsible for attracting and retaining members and supporters and generating the vast majority of the Ramblers income – essential for the delivery of our mission and the health and sustainability of the charity. The division was formed in September 2017, to bring the membership and fundraising teams together as one united team, to more effectively grow our community of members and supporters – and associated income. This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
Essential Requirements include:
- Proven and demonstrable account management / relationship management skills and experience
- Proven track record in delivering income targets between £100k - £5 million from partnerships
- Ability to research, compile and manage prospect pipelines
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written with a range of audiences
- Ability to develop high quality, coherent and thorough fundraising proposals and pitches
- Negotiation skills – the post-holder will be required to undertake negotiation with companies, often complex, on behalf of the Ramblers whether agreeing terms with corporate partners or negotiating with colleagues across the Ramblers to deliver on each partnership
- Good attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competence in the use of IT tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Copywriting for fundraising communications
- Significant knowledge of direct marketing and integrated campaign principles
- Understanding of key donor recruitment channels and approaches
- Proven Project Management experience
- Donor stewardship techniques
- New Business Development Processes
- Relationship/Account Management experience
- Able to work independently, applying own initiative
- Able to be flexible and adaptable
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.