The Head of Volunteering Development will develop and deliver a strategic plan for volunteering development and volunteer management, across a volunteer-led organisation of 20,000 volunteers and 100 staff. They will lead from the front to enable the Ramblers to be outstanding at volunteer management and effective at attracting and supporting volunteers.
A focus of their role is to develop and improve the volunteer experience, to understand the needs of current volunteers, to attract the public to become a Ramblers’ volunteer and to develop an excellent Volunteer Journey. They will develop a learning framework and deliver an effective and innovative volunteering development service, to increase our reach and relevance. This role leads on complaints and safeguarding for the Ramblers.
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity. This role is part of the friendly Operations and Volunteering Directorate.
Essential Requirements include:
· Experience of volunteer management and volunteering development and working at a senior management level
· Experience of strategy development and delivery, ideally within volunteering
· Knowledge of good practice in relation to volunteer management and development, including legal issues
· Knowledge of best practice in learning and development, with experience of delivering volunteer management training
· Experience of leading and managing staff, ideally through a period of significant development or change
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.