Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking. This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
The project manager will lead a new Ramblers project that aims to increase understanding of the social and environmental value of the path network. The postholder will:
- Scope and deliver a research study to identify the benefits, barriers to, and enablers of people using and enjoying the path network, working with an academic partner.
- Establish what a world-class network of paths and access land looks like in practice, engaging with Ramblers’ volunteers, stakeholders, and policymakers.
- Develop a new Ramblers vision for improving the path network and our role in delivering this.
The project is funded by the People’s Postcode Lottery (PPL). It is one of four projects delivered by the Ramblers as part of the PPL Postcode Climate Challenge, with an overarching ambition to connect more people to nature via walking.
Essential requirements include:
- Experienced project manager with experience of delivering change.
- Interest in walking and/ or being an advocate for the outdoors and natural environment.
- A flexible and resilient approach to project management, with an ability to explore opportunities and overcome challenges.
- Demonstrable ability to work with an academic partner to deliver research to time and budget.
- A team player, able to develop collaborative, strong and effective working relationships, including with volunteers.
- Ability to negotiate and influence effectively, and experience of to influence a range of audiences and stakeholders.
- Inspiring communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and a creative, strategic and solution-focussed approach.
- Experience in developing robust performance indicators, measures and reporting frameworks.
- Experience of managing budgets and assigning finite resources to achieve a range of objectives.
- Experience of dealing with differing viewpoints and an ability to balance different requirements to achieve consensus or take decisions as required.
- Demonstrable ability to engage and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We promote diversity and warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community.