Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people enjoy the benefits of walking. This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
Purpose of Role:
Paths to Wellbeing is a significant project which goes to the heart of the Ramblers’ charitable objectives and our strategic aim of seeing ‘walking at the heart of communities’. This collaborative project, involving internal and external stakeholders, is focused, pan Wales, across 6 regions. The project will facilitate community volunteering to enhance local green spaces, nature and access, in partnership with local authorities, environmental NGO’s and local communities in line with strategic plans and business objectives of partners and Ramblers Cymru.
The Paths to Wellbeing (P2W) Project Manager will lead this 2-year project, with the support of a team of 12 staff. They will be responsible for public and community engagement; volunteer training, guidance and support; and management of external partnerships.
Essential requirements include:
- Enthusiastic and experienced project management professional with a recognised qualification in project management or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Experience of managing complex projects and programmes which includes diverse elements & partnerships (including IT).
- Excellent problem-solving skills, innovative and solutions-focussed, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience in developing & managing robust performance indicators, measures and reporting frameworks.
- Experience of managing significant budgets
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and via written reports.
- A team player, able to develop collaborative, strong and effective working relationships.
- Excellent time management skills and experience of managing multiple work streams.
- Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively and positively with key stakeholders, including funders, suppliers and partners.
- Ability to identify external strategic opportunities and to analyse and mitigate against external challenges.
- Commitment to ensuring that knowledge and skills are up-to-date and a strong dedication to their own personal development.
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We promote diversity and warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community.