The Rank Foundation is a U.K wide grant-making charity that operates a model of engaged philanthropy. We work proactively with leaders within charities, colleagues in other trusts and foundations, and those with an interest in the wider social sector.
In 2020, we want to better achieve our mission to encourage leadership and develop enterprise and innovation among the U.K. social sector. We have a large membership network and create and deliver operational programmes that address many of the challenges faced by charities and social enterprises in the U.K. today.
We are seeking to appoint a Leadership Programmes Manager who will work collaboratively as part of our small, dedicated team. You will bring a track record of achievement and will be aligned with our core values; sharing our passion to deliver engaged philanthropy in an enterprising and empowering way.
The Leadership Programmes Manager is responsible for the oversight, delivery, and expansion of the Time to Shine and Rank Aspire Programmes.
- Co-ordinate the recruitment and selection of organisations and Time to Shine Leaders/ Rank Aspire Programme (RAP) participants.
- Recruit, train and support a pool of freelance action learning facilitators.
- Attend and contribute to programme events.
- Build and execute marketing strategy for RAP and Time to Shine, with a view to securing additional funding from external partners in order to scale up the programmes.
- Produce quarterly progress reports, to be shared with relevant funding partners/ at RFL Board Level.
- In collaboration with colleagues, set and collate performance monitoring metrics.
- Act as the escalation point for any issues raised by programme participants.
Knowledge Qualifications & Experience:
- Knowledge of the design and delivery of Leadership Programmes
- Knowledge of the capacity needs and challenges of the U.K. social sector
- Programme management experience
- Business Development experience
- Successful fundraising and relationship management skills
- Experience of working with multiple funders
Essential Skills/ Capabilities:
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to deliver action learning set facilitation
- Ability to design and implement mentoring programmes
- Ability to work positively with a wide range of individuals and organisations
- Ability to work independently, and to tight deadlines
- Ability to use initiative and anticipate requirements
- Ability to train and provide on-going learning support to facilitators
- Excellent self-administrative and organisational abilities
- Highly numerate
- A team player, willing to support colleagues in a small staff team
- Consistently reliable, with a ‘can-do attitude’
- Ability to manage diverse activities and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to work flexibly, with significant periods away from home
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with confidence, tact, and clarity with a range of individuals and groups in a variety of settings, including phone, video call, face to face, and email.
- Competence and confidence in public speaking with a wide range of audiences
The role is based at either our central London or Penrith office. Full time preferred with significant periods of working away from home, within the U.K. We will consider requests to work on a part-time (minimum 3 days) or job-share basis. 2 Years, Fixed Term Contract.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV together with a supporting statement that clearly demonstrates how you meet the knowledge, skills, and experience requirements of the role. In addition, please submit a proposal on how, where and why you would scale one of our Leadership Programmes (maximum 2 sides of A4).
For further details on the role and the recruitment timetable, please see the attached recruitment pack.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.