Purpose and Scope of the Role
The Refugee & Migrant Centre are one of the biggest charities in the field. We are renowned for our work in assisting refugees and migrants through crisis and disadvantage; we remove barriers to integration and help our clients to become equal citizens. We are now recruiting Advisor roles to be based across our 3 branches in Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Walsall.. This is an exciting time to be joining the team, as we grow to meet our aspirations.
Job Description – Advisor
Reporting to: Casework team managers
Salary: £17,169- 19,939 (dependent on experience)
Hours: 35 (full time)
Contract: 1 year with the possibility of extension Probation period: 4 months
Location: RMC’s offices in Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Walsall – working across branches may be a requirement.
Purpose of the Job:
- To provide professional and effective advice and guidance to a broad range of service users of RMC.
- To assist/support the team and the management to meet the needs of the beneficiaries and achieve targets.
Working within the team
- To ensure the professional and organisational requirements are respected and met during the delivery of advice.
- To assist the senior colleagues and Operations Manager in order to drive efficiency, quality, systems improvement and target achievement.
Casework and advice
- To offer advice, advocacy and support to service users with various aspects related to their welfare as requested by the management of RMC and funders’ requirements.
- To maintain confidentiality in all dealings with service users and ensure their needs are met in a satisfactory and sensitive manner.
- To provide appropriate support and mentoring to any volunteers under supervision.
- To represent RMC at external meetings and events when required by the senior colleagues.
- To maintain effective working relationships with partners and stakeholders.