The Refugee & Migrant Centre are one of the biggest charities in the field. We are renowned for our work in assisting refugees and migrants through crisis and disadvantage; we remove barriers to integration and help our clients to become equal citizens. We are now recruiting Caseworker roles to be based across our 3 branches in Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Walsall. This is an exciting time to be joining the team, as we grow to meet our aspirations.
Job Description – Caseworker- OISC level 2 (minimum) regulated
Reporting to: Casework team managers
Responsible for: Designated advisors and caseworkers.
Salary: £ 25,694-29,854 (dependent on length of experience and ability to supervise other OISC-regulated colleagues) If you an experienced OISC level 3 practitioner please get in touch for a discussion.
Hours: 35 (full time)
Contract: 24 months with the possibility of extension Probation period: 6 months
Location: RMC’s offices in Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Walsall – working across branches may be a requirement.
Purpose of the Job:
· To provide professional and effective OISC regulated casework as well as advice, guidance and support to a broad range of RMC’s service users.
· To assist/support the team and the management to meet the needs of the beneficiaries and achieve targets.
· To support and supervise colleagues on a lower level of OISC regulation and designated volunteers.
· To deliver presentations and represent RMC at meetings/events when required by management.
· To take responsibility of projects related to the job
Working within the team
· To ensure the requirements of OISC are respected and met during the delivery of immigration-related advice and casework.
· To assist the senior colleagues and managers in order to drive efficiency, quality, systems improvement and target achievement.
· To supervise and/or manage colleagues on a lower level of OISC-regulation and designated volunteers.
Casework and advice
· To offer advice & casework to service users with various aspects related to their immigration case.
· To deliver the appropriate level of casework either independently or under supervision, depending on the level of OISC registration.
· To provide appropriate support and mentoring to any caseworkers and/or advisors that are under this role’s supervision.
· To maintain confidentiality in all dealings with service users and ensure their needs are met in a satisfactory and sensitive manner.
- To be responsible for the day to day delivery of specific projects if requested by the Senior Management Team–this is flexible and could change depending on the nature of funding.
· To represent RMC at external meetings and events when required by senior colleagues.
· To maintain effective working relationships with partners and stakeholders.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.