Purpose and Scope of the Role
The Refugee & Migrant Centre (RMC) are renowned for our work in assisting refugees and migrants through crisis and disadvantage; we remove barriers to integration and help our clients to become equal citizens. This great opportunity offers an experienced and innovative candidate the chance to join us, as our HR lead.
This is an exciting time to be joining the team, as we continue to grow to meet our aspirations. RMC are seeking a forward-thinking candidate who will be responsible for ensuring an excellent human resources service to the organisation including advice on complex employment matters, effective employee relations, recruitment, policies and procedures and ensuring that fair and consistent practices are followed in relation to all employment matters. This role is vital to our infrastructure following a period of rapid growth in staff numbers at the charity, as well as in our external activities and impact.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The key features of the role cover:
- Support the Senior Management Team in ensuring strategic workforce planning and change management in alignment with RMC’s overall strategy.
- The post holder must have a proven track record in managing grievance, disciplinary, sickness absence, and other HR matters and be able to support managers in building effective working relationships.
- Leading the provision of a comprehensive human resources service to ensure that we are recruiting the best employees and volunteers and supporting them to deliver outstanding services and other positive change for refugees and migrants.
- Managing RMC’s Human Resources in line with relevant service standards, key performance indicators and the human resources budget, ensuring robust plans are in place but also flexibility to cope with new needs, as they arise.
- Advising the CEO, Deputy CEO and Senior Management Team on human resources matters and ensure all people managers in the organisation have the necessary skills and support to address complex employment issues e.g. in relation to sickness, performance and disciplinary and grievance processes.
- Leading on ensuring that all human resources policies and processes are adequate and reviewed regularly.
- Overseeing implementation of Refugee & Migrant Centre’s performance management framework and advise senior managers on any remedial actions required.
- Ensuring timely and accurate workforce information is available as required for trustees, senior managers and the Finance team (e.g. for payroll purposes).
- Overseeing Refugee & Migrant Centre evaluation process and participating in salary appeal panels and salary benchmarking exercises, and providing advice to senior managers on any salary-related matters.
Learning and Development
- Ensuring the Human Resources team provides the best possible learning and development opportunities for Refugee & Migrant Centre employees and monitoring compliance with mandatory training (including data protection, health & safety, and safeguarding).
- Overseeing existing and potential learning and development opportunities.
Culture and Staff-Wellbeing
- Overseeing initiatives to promote the wellbeing of staff, including volunteers, being mindful of the impacts on them of working with marginalised members of society, and monitoring and supporting the wellbeing of staff.
- Managing staff satisfaction surveys, including analysis of results and working with SMT to develop action plans in response to the results.
- Monitoring the diversity of staff and volunteers. Helping to ensure the existing broad diversity at the Refugee & Migrant Centre is maintained and enriched further.
- Ensuring compliance by Refugee & Migrant Centre with employment law and safeguarding obligations in relation to staff, including safe recruitment.
- Ensuring any personal data of staff, including volunteers, is kept in line with data protection regulations.
- Recognising the importance of taking care of own wellbeing and taking advantage of wellbeing initiatives offered by the organisation to our staff.
- Ensuring compliance with organisational policies and practices, and attendance at mandatory training.
- Any other duties as required by the organisation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.