This is a new, front-line leadership role within a small, national, London-based charity. Our focus is on improving the quality of life of older people in or needing care, giving support and advice to their relatives and campaigning to raise the standards of care they receive.
Job Title: Director
Reporting to: Chair and Board of Trustees.
Purpose of role:
- to increase the charitable impact of the R&RA
- to direct the operational management of the organisation
- to raise the profile of the R&RA in the voluntary and wider social care sector
- manage the services we provide with a focus on the helpline service, developing and implementing a strategy to increase its reach, quality and effectiveness
- seek opportunities to collaborate with partner organisations to maximise the impact of charitable resources
- oversee special projects, campaigns and publications
- develop and expand the team of voluntary staff
- ensure diverse funding streams for growth and resilience, including the development of individual and corporate membership
- manage the staff team, their development and training and ensure efficient operation of the office
- prepare business plans and ensure that they are effectively delivered
- provide financial and service delivery and other information to the Chair and Trustees so that they can comply with their responsibilities regarding governance
- ensure good governance of the R&RA including compliance with all statutory requirements
Raising the profile of R&RA
- develop the use of digital data and media, including website and social media
- promote awareness of the R&RA through active use of social media, press releases and campaigning
- to represent and promote the R&RA at national and local level
- a minimum of five years management experience at a senior level
- a degree or relevant experience
- experience of staff management
- good knowledge and experience of the social care sector, with particular reference to guidance and regulations
- strong communication skills, both written and oral, including confidence in public speaking
- the ability to operate strategically and to handle complex issues and cases
- experience of governance and the law relating to charities
- experience of working in services for older people, their relatives and representatives
- the ability to develop and maintain good relationships with partners
- the capacity to work in a self-directed and proactive manner
- competence in standard office IT packages, social media and websites
- an up to date DBS
Salary will be £50K for a five day, 35 hour week, or pro rata for a four day commitment.
The post will be based at the R&RA offices in central London.
Applicants are encouraged to include a covering letter with their CV, outlining how the requirements for the role will be met.
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 15 July 2019
Interviews: week commencing 22 July 2019
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.