Senior Development Manager (x2)
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Rhodes House, Oxford
We have an exciting opportunity for two experienced fundraisers to join the Rhodes Trust as Senior Development Managers. These are key roles in the management of the mid-level fundraising prospect pipeline, with the aim of proactively developing and implementing effective fundraising strategies to secure gifts.
The Rhodes Trust is an educational charity which offers Rhodes Scholarships to exceptional students from around the world to come and study at the University of Oxford. Our mission is to build a better world through global fellowship programmes that develop and connect compassionate, innovative, and public-spirited people committed to solving humanity’s challenges.
In recent years, we have also partnered with several other remarkable organisations to create the Mandela Rhodes Foundation, the Atlantic Institute, the Schmidt Science Fellows, and our most recent initiative called RISE.
About the role
The Senior Development Manager role will contribute meaningfully to the Global Advancement and Engagement function of the Rhodes Trust. The post holder will be expected to spend the greater part of their time writing proposals to Trusts and Foundations and identifying, meeting and cultivating current and many more new prospective donors primarily in the United Kingdom.
The duties of the Senior Development Manager role are broad and varied, and include:
- Working with the International Director of Advancement and Engagement to identify prospects with whom the Rhodes Trust will aim to develop significant philanthropic relationships.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with administrative officers of trusts and foundation with the view to developing long-term relationships.
- Gathering background information on trusts and foundation, including charitable objectives, giving levels, annual income and trustees; with the aim to submit compelling proposals.
- Developing a strong pipeline of diversified portfolio of 80-100 major gifts prospects, design and implement cultivation strategies and ultimately secure financial support for key strategic priorities of the Rhodes Trust.
- Collaborating with colleagues within the Rhodes Trust and its partner organisations to ensure high impact fundraising events for alumni, prospects and donors are successfully developed and delivered.
The ideal candidate for this role should have significant fundraising experience, and it will be important for you to always be very flexible and adaptable to changes. You must be proactive, result oriented, self-motivated with a strong drive towards getting out in the field, developing purposeful and effective relationships with prospective benefactors and connectors. Knowledge of current fundraising method and fundraising technologies will be very beneficial. Hybrid working will be required so applicants should be within a reasonable distance of Oxford.
Benefits of working at the Trust
At Rhodes Trust, employees receive a generous annual leave entitlement of 30 days plus bank holidays. We also offer a range of benefits including private medical insurance and USS Pension Scheme. In addition, the Oxford University Staff Card will entitle you to a range of discounts and free access to the University’s gardens, parks, libraries and museums.
How to apply
If you would like to find out more, please click 'Apply on Website' to view the job description and details on how to apply. Please note, this advert will close on Monday 21 February at 09:00 (GMT). Due to the current restrictions, initial interviews will likely be held via Zoom.
The Rhodes Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We warmly welcome applications from talented people of diverse backgrounds and appoint without regard to age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, parental status, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.