The Robertson Trust is the largest independent grant-making trust in Scotland with the vision of a fair and compassionate Scotland where everyone is valued and able to flourish. It has donated more than £263 million to charitable causes in Scotland since 1961. It is currently finalising a new exciting strategy to address some of the most intractable social issues in Scotland which will see it adopt new ways of working and building new partnerships to deliver greater impact in Scotland.
The summer of 2020 will see the launch of a new strategy for the Trust. After extensive review and stakeholder engagement, the Trust has sought to develop a strategy which will best fit the current challenges facing communities in Scotland and enable the Trust as a funder to work alongside communities to address these challenges. This is an exciting time for a new Chief Executive to deliver this new strategy. We are looking for a strong, inspiring and empowering leader who is ambitious about maximising the Trust’s undoubted potential.
- Reporting to the Chair and working closely with the Board of Trustees, the Chief Executive will deliver the newly developed strategic plan.
- Embody and demonstrate the Trust’s values to the whole organisation, leading and developing the team and promoting a culture of diversity and continuous improvement.
- As a key ambassador, the Chief Executive will nurture, build and maintain positive relationships with a range of key stakeholders.
- Proven leadership experience at board level within a complex, growing organisation and with a record of achievement in developing and delivering organisational strategy. This can have been gained in any sector (but any candidate should recognise that the dynamics of the charity sector are different).
- Demonstrable experience of leading transformation and driving cultural change to achieve operational excellence, including digital transformation.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of impact of poverty, trauma and inequalities.
Closing date: Monday 22nd June at 5pm.