We have an exciting opportunity available for a Digital Marketing Manager to join our team based in London, travel between the Museum sites will be required. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £32,000 per annum.
The Royal Air Force Museum is a national museum, a Government non-departmental public body (NDPB) and a registered charity, with two public sites at London and Cosford. RAF Museum Enterprises Ltd is the trading arm of the RAF Museum with all profits gift-aided to the Museum to support our charitable activities.
Our vision is to inspire everyone with the RAF story – the people who shape it and its place in our lives. Our purpose is to share the story of the Royal Air Force, past, present and future – using the stories of its people and our collections in order to engage, inspire and encourage learning.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Manager to join our new team and lead on all aspects of digital marketing at the Royal Air Force Museum.
Based within our new Communications and Marketing function, the Digital Marketing Manager will drive the engagement of a broad portfolio of audiences through all digital channels, as well as play a leading role in the development of new digital programmes, such as CRM and eCommerce. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to lead and inspire, at an exciting time for the Museum as we deliver on the exciting vision outlined in our Strategic Plan to 2030.
Key responsibilities of their Digital Marketing Manager include:
- Support the Head of Communications and Marketing in the development of the RAF Museum eCommerce Strategy. This commercially oriented strategy will build on the principles outlined in our Commercial Strategy and will focus on the development of the Museums digital business and in driving awareness and visits to RAF Museums.
- Set and deliver on annual and quarterly digital sales and revenue targets across all online acquisition channels responsible for PPC, SEO, Display, Social Paid and Affiliates ensuring KPI’s such as ROI are also met. In particular, this will include responsibility for online ticket sales and online retail.
- Optimise PPC and SEO activity across all platforms, enhancing results by regularly testing and implementing lessons learned.
- Develop and implement a reporting infrastructure that summarises all of the key digital acquisition KPIs across all channels.
- Define and manage the role of Search alongside Affiliates and Display activity as well as wider marketing and PR to ensure integrated efforts across the RAF Museum marketing team.
- Review and relaunch the new RAF Museum website, considering its integration with all other Museum websites and communications channels. In particular, this will consider the future integration of the Museums website, its ticketing platforms, its social media channels and its online store.
- Effective management of new website producing engaging content that’s on brand and optimising the site’s conversion rate and other KPI’s as well as performance on search (SEO).
- Take overarching responsibility for the Museums eCommerce sales and marketing plan, working closely with the Campaigns team to ensure it is properly integrated with our Campaigns Plan.
- Act a key eCommerce stakeholder at selected internal and external groups, including the Senior Management Group, Senior Leadership team and selected industry bodies such as ALVA and the Museums Association.
- Act as lead marketing stakeholder in all aspects of marketing data compliance, ensuring that GDPR guidelines are adhered to through all communications and data warehousing activities.
What they are looking for in their ideal Digital Marketing Manager:
- Demonstrable and proven experience in a digital marketing oriented role at a managerial level.
- Demonstrable experience of digital campaign management.
- Demonstrable experience of managing social media channels.
- Experience of CRM and data analysis.
- Is a member of appropriate professional body or technical association, where appropriate.
- Engages with professional networks.
- An active interest in the RAF, aviation or military history
Closing date for applications: 10th January 2020 at 10am
Interviews will take place on: 23rd January 2020
If this sounds like the role for you then please click apply now to be considered for our Digital Marketing Manager role. They would love to hear from you.