Full time: 37.5 hours per week
Fixed term for 2 year initial contract
This is an excellent opportunity to join The Poppy Factory at an exciting period of expansion in its activities supporting veterans as we look to work collaboratively with the NHS.
The Poppy Factory Employability Service has supported over a thousand veterans back into work who have some form of mental or physical health challenge in relation to employment. We are ambitious about supporting many more wounded; injured or sick veterans into meaningful and sustainable work as we look to expand our service in the South West.
- Able to form effective & collaborative relationships quickly?
- Recovery oriented and hopeful about every person’s ability to succeed in employment, open minded about helping people move into competitive jobs regardless of physical or mental health issues?
- A creative problem-solver who asks questions to learn more about a situation and is thoughtful and tenacious in working with others to find a range of possible solutions?
The successful candidate for this role will have a sound track record of working with people with mental and physical health conditions or disabilities and supporting them to gain and sustain work, as well as excellent employer engagement skills.The role also requires strong networking and relationship management skills.Prior IPS experience would be a strong advantage, although training and support will be available.The Poppy Factory aims to be an exemplar employer. We provide competitive terms and conditions of employment including:
- A generous Company Pension scheme
- Company-paid life assurance
- Funding available for permanent employees to study for the Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance & Development
For the full job description and more information about the role please download the Candidate Pack.
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a covering letter clearly outlining how you meet the essential criteria in the person specification. You may address your covering letter to Ian Waller, Interim Director of Operations and submit your application through our online portal.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage candidates to apply promptly.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.