Full time: 37.5 hours per week
Location: North West
Contract duration: 18 months
The Poppy Factory Employment Service has supported over 1500 veterans who have mental or physical health challenges, or other barriers, into employment. We are ambitious about supporting many more veterans into meaningful and sustainable work as we adapt and grow our service to meet changing needs.
We have a vacancy for an Employment Consultant to join an established team with strong networks across the North West of England, for a fixed term of 18 months.
This is an excellent opportunity to join The Poppy Factory at an exciting period in our 100 year history. We are developing and growing our service in the community, through the NHS and other organisations.
We are looking for individuals that are:
- Experienced in helping others in need of support. This could be in employment, housing, health or any other area. We are particularly keen to hear from people who have experience of managing caseloads of individuals.
- A strong communicator with high emotional intelligence who can adapt their approach to different audiences.
- Adept at identifying and developing effective & collaborative relationships with other professionals and employers across Wales.
- Positive about every person’s potential to succeed in employment regardless of their health or other barriers.
- Creative with problem-solving who asks questions to learn more about a situation and is thoughtful and tenacious in working with others to find a range of possible solutions.
The successful candidate for this role will preferably have experience of working with people with health conditions or other challenges such as criminal record, housing or long-term unemployment.
The role also requires strong networking and relationship management skills with the ability to work collaboratively with referral partners, and potential employers as we look to expand and develop our service around the UK.
The Poppy Factory aims to be an exemplar employer. We provide competitive terms and conditions of employment including:
- A generous Company Pension scheme
- Company-paid life assurance
- Training and on-going Professional Development
Please download the candidate pack for further information.
We will be reviewing applications and scheduling interviews on a rolling basis, so we encourage you apply promptly.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Poppy Factory is committed to equality, valuing diversity and promoting inclusion. Our commitment is to take positive measures to recruit people from underrepresented groups, and we actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the application or interview process to accommodate disabled candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.