Job Title: Case Officer, Cheshire and Merseyside
Region: Home Based (Cheshire and Merseyside)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £25,813 to £26,500 per annum
At the Royal British Legion, we believe in building on potential. As a Case Officer your ability to provide a person-centred solution based on a thorough analysis of circumstances and needs could have a real impact on people’s lives.
At its heart, RBL is a people organisation. People who want to do the very best for others, while at the same time making the most of the opportunities and experiences we offer them.
We are the country’s largest Armed Forces charity, with 210,000 members, 50,000 volunteers and a network of partners and charities; helping us give support wherever and whenever it’s needed.
As a Case Officer, you will be responsible for developing and managing individual support solutions, drawing on inputs from a wide network of professionals, agencies and volunteers
If successful, the main duties of your role will be:
- Manage casework support, providing direct support, advice and guidance to volunteers as required and taking the lead on individual beneficiary cases where necessary.
- Assess beneficiaries’ needs and draw on support from the regional specialist team and other providers as necessary, ensuring that support is made available in an integrated way that best meets the beneficiaries’ needs. Develop creative solutions in response to identified beneficiary needs, drawing on inputs from volunteers and Legion members / branches as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a thorough and detailed understanding of direct Legion support services and support services provided by others (both statutory and non-statutory). Support the Advice and Information Team Leader and Area Manager in better understanding the needs of the beneficiaries in the Area to inform the commissioning of specialist services.
- Advise beneficiaries of support which may be available to them and assist them in accessing this support as necessary.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the statutory benefits framework.
This role is predominantly home-working, this means that you would be engaging with people over the phone, through video conferencing and by utilising other appropriate communication methods. There will also be some Face to Face meetings required in the designated region. You will be required to reside within this geographical area and a full driving license and access to a vehicle is essential.
The role is subject to relevant employment checks, including Enhanced DBS Clearance.
About the Royal British Legion – Careers in Advice and Welfare
Across the country, in every city and on every street, the RBL is there to support our Armed Forces community.
Every day, everyone in our Advice and Welfare teams dedicate themselves to bettering the lives of those in this community.
Be it a conversation about financial support, physical and mental wellbeing, employment, housing, independent living or social support – working in these teams means the time you’d spend with those who need our help, and the advice you’d offer, could have a profound effect on their lives.
It's this mission, this scale, this challenge and the values we all live by, that makes the RBL such a fulfilling place to thrive.
We also want those who need our support to be able to get it when they need it, and from those best placed to give it. Which is why we’ve invested in multi-channel support services.
So, if you want to give your days meaning. To put your passion into a role with real impact. To support people and be supported yourself. In an inclusive team that faces every challenge together. Whatever your interests and ambitions, we think you’ll find a role here that works for you, with career opportunities right across the UK.
We believe that the compassion, understanding, and service we show each and every individual should be reflected in the way we all support, respect, and include every individual who works with us. We want everyone involved in our work or receiving our services, to feel proud to contribute to or be part of a diverse and inclusive organisation.
We recognise that we still have a long way to go to ensure that we make the RBL a truly great and inclusive organisation to work for and be part of so we have set out our commitments to provide a clear path to deliver this ambition. We will keep listening, learning, and sharing our progress and impact
How to Apply
Please click ‘Apply Online’
Closing date for this role is: Monday 13th June 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.