Job Title: Casual Car Parking Attendant
Region: National Memorial Arboretum, Staffordshire
Directorate: National Memorial Arboretum
Salary: £9.66 to £9.80 per hour
At the Royal British Legion, we believe in building on potential. As a Casual Car Parking Attendant your ability to support the car parking process at the National Memorial Arboretum could have a real impact on people’s lives.
At its heart, RBL is a people organisation. People who want to do the very best for others, while at the same time making the most of the opportunities and experiences we offer them.
We are the country’s largest Armed Forces charity, with 210,000 members, 50,000 volunteers and a network of partners and charities; helping us give support wherever and whenever it’s needed.
As a Casual Car Parking Attendant you will be responsible for directing people, cars, motorbikes, coaches to suitable parking locations in our car park management process, advising people where they can pay for parking whilst delivering great customer service.
If successful, the main duties of your role will be:
- To provide consistently professional, first class front-facing communication and excellent standards of visitor care and customer service at all times.
- To direct drivers to ensure that cars are parked in a safe and orderly manner.
- To politely and proactively collect money from users of the main and overflow car parks.
- To offer a warm welcome to visitors, demonstrating a good working knowledge of the site and its operation, highlighting opportunities for enhancing the visitor experience and acting as an ambassador for the Arboretum.
- To be responsible for handling cash, being security-conscious and acting responsibly at all times.
- To support the Arboretum’s Grounds and Caretaking teams in ensuring excellent standards of presentation at all times, assisting with tasks such as litter picking and tidying of the Car Parking areas.
The role is Casual and is varied on visitor numbers and events, this may involve working weekends, evenings as required. Due the nature of the role this is based outside and will continue in all weather conditions, all uniform is provided.
Please note this role is based at the National Memorial Arboretum which is located at Croxall Road, Alrewas, DE13 7AR.
About the National Memorial Arboretum
The Arboretum is the UK’s year-round centre of Remembrance and part of the Royal British Legion. Home to over 350 memorials, including the nationally-important Armed Forces Memorial, it remembers the service and sacrifice of those who have served and continue to serve our country. The 150-acre site features around 30,000 maturing trees and an abundance of wildlife. Each year the Arboretum welcomes around 300,000 visitors, many of whom attend one of the 200+ events which take place across the site.
In March 2017, the National Memorial Arboretum formally opened its new award-winning Remembrance Centre.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
- A desire to provide great customer service
- Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
- Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
- Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
- An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so, then we would like you hear from you….
We believe that the compassion, understanding and service we show each, and every individual customer should be reflected in the way we all support, respect and include every individual who works with us.
It’s because of this that we have strived hard to create a One Legion culture that we can all feel part of and succeed in. It’s why we make sure that you have the opportunities you need to learn and develop. It’s why we’re invested in making RBL a truly inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves. It’s why you’re welcome, whoever you might be.
It’s why we welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
How to Apply
Please click ‘Apply Online’
Closing date for this role is: Thursday 9th June 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.