Job Title: Casual Retail Assistant
Region: National Memorial Arboretum, Staffordshire
Directorate: National Memorial Arboretum
Salary: £9.78 per hour
At the Royal British Legion, we believe in building on potential. As a Casual Retail Assistant your ability to support the retail operations as required over our opening hours (which will include evenings and weekends) could have a real impact on people’s lives.
At its heart, RBL is a people organisation. People who want to do the very best for others, while at the same time making the most of the opportunities and experiences we offer them.
We are the country’s largest Armed Forces charity, with 210,000 members, 50,000 volunteers and a network of partners and charities; helping us give support wherever and whenever it’s needed.
As a Casual Retail Assistant you will be responsible for dealing with the public to support the activities of the retail operation to maximise conversion, retail spend, merchandising standards and deliver outstanding customer service. Full training will be given to support the role. We use an Epos system for sales and again full training in this area will be given.
If successful, the main duties of your role will be:
- To provide consistently professional, first class front always facing communication and excellent standards of visitor care and customer service.
- To support the stock levels, merchandising standards to maintain effective and strong displays.
- To work to operational policy and procedures with regards to effective stock management.
- To respond positively and compassionately to all visitor feedback.
- To act as an ambassador for the Arboretum, actively promoting the activities that generate spend.
Please note this role is based at our National Memorial Arboretum which is located at Croxall Road, Alrewas, Staffordshire, DE13 7AR and will be working on a Casual basis.
About the National Memorial Arboretum
The Arboretum is the UK’s year-round centre of Remembrance and part of the Royal British Legion. Home to over 350 memorials, including the nationally-important Armed Forces Memorial, it remembers the service and sacrifice of those who have served and continue to serve our country. The 150-acre site features around 30,000 maturing trees and an abundance of wildlife. Each year the Arboretum welcomes around 300,000 visitors, many of whom attend one of the 200+ events which take place across the site.
In March 2017, the National Memorial Arboretum formally opened its new award-winning Remembrance Centre.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
- A desire to provide great customer service
- Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
- Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
- Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
- An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so, then we would like you hear from you….
We believe that the compassion, understanding, and service we show each and every individual should be reflected in the way we all support, respect, and include every individual who works with us. We want everyone involved in our work or receiving our services, to feel proud to contribute to or be part of a diverse and inclusive organisation.
We recognise that we still have a long way to go to ensure that we make the RBL a truly great and inclusive organisation to work for and be part of so we have set out our commitments to provide a clear path to deliver this ambition. We will keep listening, learning, and sharing our progress and impact.
How to Apply
Please click ‘Apply Online’
Closing date for this role is: Thursday 9th June 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.