Job title: Data Protection Officer
Region: London, SE1 1AA
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £40,886.81 per annum (£36,434.81 plus £4,452 London Weighting)
About The Royal British Legion
The Legion is at the heart of a national network that supports our Armed Forces community through thick and thin – ensuring their unique contribution is never forgotten. We’ve been here since 1921 and we’ll be here as long as they need us.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
- A desire to provide a great customer service and support
- Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
- Passionate about supporting the Armed Forces community and honouring their contribution
- Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
- An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like to hear from you ….
This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Legal Counsel. This is a full-time role and is a key role in the charity.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
· To review and maintain data protection policies and procedures and guidelines and all template assessments periodically.
· To establish and promote training and awareness of data protection policies throughout the organisation and maintaining oversight of the process.
· To maintain the Legion’s registrations with the Information Commissioner.
· Manage the subject access requests and individual rights process ensuring that local data controllers locate and collate all relevant information or delete all personal data and to ensure that substantive legal responses are provided within the mandatory timescales.
· Managing the response to data protection breaches and complaints, including ensuring that the Information Commissioner is notified where appropriate.
· Devise and maintain the Legion’s data processing register and the Legion’s retention schedule, ensuring they are reviewed.
· Undertake formal assessments such as legitimate interest assessments to ensure our legal basis for processing is clear.
· Monitoring compliance to data protection law and principles throughout the Legion and reporting regularly to the Audit & Risk Committee on breaches, individual rights requests and data protection impact assessments.
The successful candidate must hold a current Data Protection Officer qualification, and we will take into account overseas equivalents.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking ‘Apply online’
Closing date for this role is: 19/02/2020