Job Title: Grounds and Landscape Manager
Location: National Memorial Arboretum (DE13 7AR)
Contract: 35 hours per week, 5 days out of 7
Salary: £32,000- £34,500 per annum dependent on experience
About the National Memorial Arboretum
The National Memorial Arboretum is the UK’s centre for year-round Remembrance - a vibrant, living landscape of reflection and inspiration. Located in Staffordshire, the 150-acre Arboretum is a special place honouring those who have served, and continue to serve, our nation in many different ways. The site includes the iconic Armed Forces Memorial, a lasting tribute to those in the Armed Forces who have lost their lives in the service of their country. Recent multi-million-pound investments have doubled the size of the extensive visitor and learning facilities and created a brand new events facility for public and private use with a banqueting capacity of over 300. The Arboretum now welcomes over 300,000 visitors each year, hosts over 200 events and engages with around 16,000 student visitors. The Arboretum is part of The Royal British Legion
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
• A desire to deliver a great customer experience
• Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
• Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
• Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
• An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like you hear from you ….
The Arboretum is looking for a successful and dynamic Grounds and Landscape Manager to manage the Grounds, Trees and memorials that comprise the outdoor estate and manage the development.
Reporting to the Head of Estates, key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the day to day running of the grounds and landscape, supervision of staff, contractors and volunteers to ensure that appropriate horticultural standards are maintained safely.
• Manage development and maintenance of the grounds, trees and memorials
• To contribute innovatively to the development of the landscape and outdoor estate in conjunction with the Head of Estates
• Liaise with memorial holders in relation to installation and maintenance of memorials
• To plan, negotiate and manage the work of contractors on the outdoor estate
• To manage budgets in relation to the grounds and arboriculture
• Ensure that exemplary standards of horticultural and arboricultural husbandry and plantsmanship are maintained at all times.
The successful candidate must have proven grounds and landscape management experience. Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as are employee and stakeholder management skills. Attendance outside normal working hours will occasionally be required and the ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload will be essential.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking 'Apply Online'
Closing date for this role is Monday 30th September 2019