Location: National Memorial Arboretum
Average 30 hr per week, 5 days out of 7
Salary: FTE £17,143 per annum pro rata
About The National Memorial Arboretum
The National Memorial Arboretum is the UK’s centre for year-round Remembrance - a vibrant, living landscape of reflection and inspiration. Located in Staffordshire, the 150-acre Arboretum is a special place honouring those who have served, and continue to serve, our nation in many different ways. The site includes the iconic Armed Forces Memorial, a lasting tribute to those in the Armed Forces who have lost their lives in the service of their country. Recent multi-million pound investments have doubled the size of the extensive visitor and learning facilities and created a brand new events facility for public and private use with a banqueting capacity of over 300. The Arboretum now welcomes over 300,000 visitors each year, hosts over 200 events and engages with around 16,000 student visitors. The centre is part of The Royal British Legion
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
· A desire to deliver a great customer experience
· Enjoy and thrive working in teams and with others
· Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
· Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
· An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like you hear from you ….
The Arboretum is looking to recruit a Kitchen Assistant/Cook, to work alongside the established team. Reporting to the Executive Chef, key responsibilities include:
· To deliver high standards of customer service, food quality, cleanliness and presentation standards as laid out in the Foodservice Strategy.
· Support all areas of activity within the food service department to supply: visitor day catering, which includes a 380 cover Restaurant, a Coffee Shop and Satellite outlets within the grounds of the Arboretum.
· To be part of the hospitality team for table waited functions in Aspects Events Centre. Which holds daytime and evening events catering up to and including formal banqueting for up to 500 attendees
The successful candidate must have proven foodservice experience, good interpersonal and communication skills are essential. Attendance outside normal working hours will occasionally be required and the ability to work under pressure will be essential.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking ‘Apply online’
Please specify preference of working hours in your application
Closing date for this role is Wednesday 25th March 2020