Job Title: Kitchen Porter
Region: National Memorial Arboretum, Staffordshire
Directorate: National Memorial Arboretum
Contract: Permanent, Part Time, 32 hours per week (40 hours FTE)
Salary: £20,155 FTE pro rata per annum
At the Royal British Legion, we believe in building on potential. As a Kitchen Porter your ability to, work as part of the Foodservices Team at the National Memorial Arboretum could have a real impact on people’s lives.
At its heart, RBL is a people organisation. People who want to do the very best for others, while at the same time making the most of the opportunities and experiences we offer them.
We are the country’s largest Armed Forces charity, with 210,000 members, 50,000 volunteers and a network of partners and charities; helping us give support wherever and whenever it’s needed.
As a Kitchen Porter you will be responsible for assisting in the cleaning of all cooking and restaurant equipment, crockery, cutlery and pots and ensuring that deliveries are correctly received and that food items are stored in the correct manner. You will operate within two full-production kitchens within two separate buildings to supply: catering across multiple outlets including self-serve 380 cover restaurant, table waited functions room up to 500, coffee shop, ‘pop up’ Foodservice outlets within the grounds of the Arboretum and hospitality.
If successful, the main duties of your role will be:
- To work as part of the Food Services Team and to carry out preparation, presentation, service and cleaning duties as directed by the Executive Head Chef within the kitchen and dining areas.
- To ensure that the dishwasher areas remain adequately clean and clear throughout each service time.
- To clear and clean dining room trolley’s as soon as practicable.
- To make sure the cutlery and glassware are polished, tidy and full at all times.
- To ensure that all waste bin areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- To undertake all aspects of catering equipment cleaning as appropriate and required by the Executive Head Chef, including fixtures, fittings, pots, pans, crockery, glassware etc.
- To undertake all aspects of keeping storage area’s clean, tidy, and in chronological order at all times.
- To adhere to statutory regulations and NMA’s policies on food safety and health and safety within all catering areas.
This role is working a 32 hour week (full time equivalent of post is 40 hour week) on a 5 days out of 7 shift basis. This will include weekend and bank holiday working on a regular basis and some evening work to support Arboretum events.
About the National Memorial Arboretum
The Arboretum is the UK’s year-round centre of Remembrance and part of the Royal British Legion. Home to over 350 memorials, including the nationally-important Armed Forces Memorial, it remembers the service and sacrifice of those who have served and continue to serve our country. The 150-acre site features around 30,000 maturing trees and an abundance of wildlife. Each year the Arboretum welcomes around 300,000 visitors, many of whom attend one of the 200+ events which take place across the site.
In March 2017, the National Memorial Arboretum formally opened its new award-winning Remembrance Centre.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
- A desire to provide great customer service
- Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
- Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
- Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
- An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so, then we would like you hear from you….
We believe that the compassion, understanding, and service we show each and every individual should be reflected in the way we all support, respect, and include every individual who works with us. We want everyone involved in our work or receiving our services, to feel proud to contribute to or be part of a diverse and inclusive organisation.
We recognise that we still have a long way to go to ensure that we make the RBL a truly great and inclusive organisation to work for and be part of so we have set out our commitments to provide a clear path to deliver this ambition. We will keep listening, learning, and sharing our progress and impact.
How to Apply
Please click 'Apply online'
Closing date for this role is: Wednesday 6th July 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.