Job title: Volunteer Support Administrator
Region: London HQ
Contract: Part time 17.5 Hours per week
Fixed Term Contract until 6th August 2021
Salary: FTE £22,252 per annum pro rata (£17,800 per annum plus £4,452 London weighting)
About The Royal British Legion
The Legion is at the heart of a national network that supports our Armed Forces community through thick and thin – ensuring their unique contribution is never forgotten. We’ve been here since 1921 and we’ll be here as long as they need us.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
- A desire to provide a great customer service and support
- Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
- Passionate about supporting the Armed Forces community and honouring their contribution
- Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
- An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like to hear from you ….
- The Royal British Legion is looking for an experienced Volunteer Support Administrator to join our central Volunteer Support Unit. You will assist in the work of the volunteer development team to support the Legion’s work on behalf of all those serving in the British Armed Forces, veterans, and their families.
- This role is a job share role where you will coordinate with another part time Administrator, creating a full-time admin support.
- Working as part of a busy team, you should have proven experience of working with volunteers, providing a first point of contact for enquiries from staff, members, volunteers and the wider public, updating databases and IT systems, and administering a filing system.
- With demonstrable knowledge of volunteer good practice and experience in providing advice and guidance to managers of volunteers.
- The position calls for strong influencing and communication skills as well as effectiveness in planning and organising, teamwork and relationship building. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to engage with various stakeholders and display a positive approach to problem solving.
- If this sounds like you and you would value a rewarding and high-profile career with the nation’s largest Armed Forces charity, please submit an online application via the link below.
Working Pattern for each month (7 Hours per day):
- Week 1: 14 Hours worked on Thursday and Friday
- Week 2: 21 Hours worked on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- Week 3: 14 Hours worked on Thursday and Friday
- Week 4: 21 Hours worked on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Please note that this is a Fixed Term Contract until 6th August 2021
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking 'Apply Online'
The closing date for applications is Thursday 17th October 2019