We are recruiting a Corporate Administration and Committees Manager to lead a team responsible for a wide range of senior corporate administration and secretariat services. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the efficiency of our corporate governance, business processes and administration of corporate activities.
The role includes:
- direct provision of support to the Trustee Board and College Council;
- management of governance and administration for the College committees which report to Trustee Board – including the implementation of a major review of the College’s committee structure;
- management of corporate administration, including reports against the College strategy and plans and management of the risk register, working with the Senior Management Team;
- oversight of all corporate policies and working with the Data Protection Officer on the administration of data protection as a continuing programme of improvement;
- line management of a team of five which includes a Business Administration Officer, EA to the President, and three Committee Services Officers.
The successful candidate will have:
- experience managing administrative processes;
- experience of supporting senior level boards and committees;
- experience of managing, leading and developing staff;
- ability to plan, manage and deliver a complex and varied workload;
- personal credibility to deliver support and advice at a senior level.
The Royal College of Pathologists is a charity with over 11,000 members worldwide, the majority of whom are doctors and scientists working in hospitals and universities. We promote the science and practice of pathology.
The College is governed by a Trustee Board. The College Council, which reports to the Trustee Board, is focused on the practice of pathology as a profession, which includes all the professional, clinical and educational functions of the College. Most of the work of the College is achieved through sub-committees of Council. Committees deal with generic matters crossing all pathology specialties, while Specialty Advisory Committees advise on specialty-specific matters such as cellular pathology and medical microbiology.
The College offers attractive staff benefits, including generous annual leave, a defined benefit company pension scheme and excellent learning and development opportunities.
For further information and to apply for the role, please download the information pack from the college website.
Closing date: Wednesday 31 July 2019.