Examinations Communications Officer
Full-time, 35 hours per week
We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join a Royal Medical College in the Exams Department. This role supports the effective running of examinations, acting as central point of contact for candidates and examiners. You will be responsible for consistent and timely messaging to candidates, examiners and other stakeholders.
If you enjoy working in a small team, have great communication skills with an eye for detail and accuracy, and are committed to excellent customer service, this is an ideal role for you.
- Coordinating clear communications to candidates and examiners regarding examination developments
- Responding to all candidate enquiries, including general queries, complaints, and appeals
- Undertaking regular content reviews of the College website and updating with new content as necessary
- Coordinating the application process for College examiners and organising examiner training events both online and in person
- Processing candidate applications and fees
- Attending and invigilating exams
Pathology is at the heart of modern healthcare. Pathologists work to prevent, diagnose, treat and monitor diseases and are involved in the diagnosis of disorders affecting every organ of the body, from before birth to after death. The majority of tests requested by doctors will be performed and interpreted by a clinical scientist or medically qualified pathologist.
The Royal College of Pathologists is a professional membership organisation with over 11,000 members who are doctors and scientists working in hospitals, universities and laboratories in the UK and overseas. We work with pathologists at every stage of their career – from setting curricula, organising training and running exams, to approving job descriptions, publishing best-practice guidance and providing continuing professional development.
We offer attractive staff benefits including 25 days annual leave rising with length of service, enhanced employer contributions to pension scheme, an employee discount scheme, and season ticket loans, as well as a cycle to work scheme. The College values diversity, welcoming applications for all members of society.
Please submit your CV and a completed Supporting Information Form with your application, in order to be considered for the role. Further information can be found on our website when you click to apply.
Interviews: 9 and 10 September 2021.