We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual join a Royal Medical College looking to strengthen its’ support for members. The College requires a team player who will engage with committees that form a key part of the College’s work. The role supports the effective running of committees, acting as central point of contact for Chairs. You will be responsible for excellent and accurate administration, including minute taking and meeting management. You will have a clear and proactive approach to managing robust and secure administrative processes and an ability to work to established governance processes. If you like working in a small team, have an eye for detail and accuracy with an ability to moving effortlessly from basic administration to communicating with medical professionals then this role is perfect.
Committee Services for a number of committees
- Planning and organising committee meetings for allocated committees. Meetings are almost all held online via video conferencing
- Management and preparation of agenda and papers with the Chair and circulation to committee members
- Attendance at committee meeting to take minutes
- Provide accurate formal minutes for review and approval
- Keep records and follow up any action points or decisions made by the committee.
- Build good working relationships with the Chair and committee members and provide support to the Chair to ensure smooth running of the committees
- Providing reports to the committee or College Council
- Communicate the work of the Committee and receive input to committee work from other stakeholders
- Manage the appointment and retirement of committee Chair and members according to standard governance processes.
- Maintain committee records and membership details on College systems.
The Successful Applicant:
- Experience of secretariat administration and servicing committees and / or senior level Boards
- Experience of working to support governance processes in a professional body or membership organisation e.g. working with terms of reference and appointments processes
- An individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to write clear and concise minutes, reports and documents
- Have excellent organisation and planning skills, especially with regard to meetings, meeting arrangements and documentation, including video/online meetings
- Be someone with ability to use own initiative and able to form good working relationships at all levels and with externally based professionals and volunteers
- Have a track record of working with a team and willing to contribute to team and corporate aims
To apply, please send download and complete the supporting information form, and email it with your CV via the application link.
Early applications are recommended as received applications would be considered on a daily basis and candidates may be interviewed before the application deadline.