The Royal Forestry Society is seeking an experienced and inspirational individual to be its new Chief Executive to lead the organisation in a time of national change and opportunity.
Location: Expectation of 1-2 days per week at the RFS offices at Hay Barns, Banbury together with working from home and significant time at external meetings.
Contract: Full time permanent role
Salary: £50,000-£55,000 per year depending upon qualifications and experience
The Royal Forestry Society (RFS) is the oldest and largest woodland education charity, dedicated for more than 130 years to promoting the wise management of woods and trees across England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Our mission is to inspire passion and excellence in woodland management through membership and public events, especially our very well attended woodland meetings across twenty regional divisions; our commitment to forest education from junior school right through to university and research level; and our national advocacy of best practice through our renowned quarterly journal, policy and research publications, and our engagement with national and international debate on forestry challenges and opportunities.
Key responsibilities are to
- Lead the RFS working with the board to develop strategy, profile, fundraising and partnership building
- Inspire and motivate staff, members and volunteers, funders and the forestry community
- Be responsible for the effective management and administration of the charity
- Deliver excellent membership services and educational outreach activities
- Develop and deliver new projects in support of the charitable objectives of the RFS
We are seeking a committed and experienced professional with
- Chief Executive or senior executive experience with proven track record in effective strategic, operational and financial management
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the UK forestry sector, and commitment to advocacy on behalf of members for good woodland management practice and high standard forestry education
- Ability to foster good communications throughout the membership and its regional divisions, confidently promote RFS’s research and insights with government and policymakers, and to develop the RFS profile externally with government, statutory and voluntary bodies and with the public
- Experience of engagement with funders and donors
Closing date: 9am on Monday 5th October 2020
The Royal Forestry Society is a Registered Charity No: 2306093
Patron: HM The Queen
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.