The Earthshot Prize, which launched globally in October 2020, will be the most ambitious and prestigious of its kind – designed to incentivise change and help to repair our planet over the next 10 years.
Crucial to the mission of The Earthshot Prize is our Head of Founding Partners to help us manage and maximise our engagement with the Founding Partners to ensure these partnerships deliver both income and strategic benefit.
Head of Founding Partners – The Earthshot Prize
12-month Fixed Term Contract
£60,000 per annum
Kensington, London/Remote working
The Head of Founding Partners is a new role within The Earthshot Prize team and will lead the work to further build and deliver the Fundraising Strategy for the Prize, centred around the Global Alliance Founding Partners. This is a unique opportunity which will allow the successful candidate to contribute to a crucial aspect of The Earthshot Prize – managing and maximising our engagement with the Founding Partners to ensure these partnerships deliver both income and strategic benefit, through leveraging the support, expertise and networks of our Founding Partners to maximise the impact of the Prize.
Working with the Earthshot Team, in particular the CEO and the Head of Partnerships, the appointed individual will evolve the fundraising strategy for The Earthshot Prize to ensure the financial security and future sustainability of the Prize.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the excellent management and development of our Founding Partner relationships and network to ensure these maximise the impact these Partners can help the Prize achieve.
The postholder will lead the delivery of this strategy, working in close partnership with the existing Founding Partner organisations and individuals, expanding this group as necessary to deliver the Earthshot Prize and associated theory of change.
The team delivering The Earthshot Prize will remain housed within The Royal Foundation until late 2021. At this point, The Earthshot Prize will become an independent entity. We expect this role, and the job holder, to transition to the new organisation at this point.
- Lead the implementation of The Earthshot Prize Founding Partner strategy, building and activating both individual and collective engagement plans for these Founding Partner organisations and individuals which align with the wider Earthshot Prize strategy. It is essential that these plans consider and deliver the full scope these strategic partnerships offer Earthshot, maximising the opportunities for both the Prize and the Founding Partners.
- Ensure the flow of regular and seamless communication between these key partners and The Earthshot Prize team.
- Act as the main point of engagement at a senior level for all Founding Partners, ensuring each relationship is managed to the highest professional standard and for maximum benefit.
- Ensure accurate record keeping is maintained for all stakeholder engagement and all communications and activities are recorded on our stakeholder database.
- As is appropriate and necessary, work closely with the CEO of The Earthshot Prize and the Director of Development at The Royal Foundation to expand the Founding Partner Group. This will require management of a strong prospect pipeline to ensure a robust and smooth income flow for the Prize.
Relationships (Internal and external)
- Key members of The Earthshot Prize and The Royal Foundation team.
- Our Global Alliance Founding Partners – organisations and individuals committed to funding The Earthshot Prize.
- Other key Earthshot Prize Stakeholders where and when appropriate.
- Members of the Royal Household as appropriate.
The Royal Foundation is a high-profile organisation, and the successful candidate will appreciate the importance of discretion and confidentiality and have a mature and professional approach. This role is ideal for a self-motivated, responsive and well organised individual who thrives on managing donor and partnership relationships.
Key skills and Competencies
- Excellent stakeholder and partnership management skills: demonstrable ability to establish, maintain and evolve high value, multi-year strategic partnerships.
- Diligent in the delivery of regular communication, task completion and follow up.
- Innovative and proactive approach to creating unique, impactful, and mutually beneficial funding partnerships.
- Able to deliver exceptional and accurate work at a fast pace in complex environments, balancing a large number of different stakeholders and priorities at once.
- Attention to detail ensuring that both external and internal presentation is precise and accurate.
- Exceptional team player.
- Excellent written, verbal, and online communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence to take the lead on all conversations with high-profile organisations.
- Good interpersonal and networking skills.
- Sound judgement, with an ability to identify issues before they arise and use personal initiative to resolve.
- A commitment and willingness to uphold The Royal Foundation’s values in all areas of work.
Experience and Knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in a position of management/leadership working in high value strategic funding partnerships.
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of developing and implementing an ambitious and successful strategic funding partnership strategy which engages funding partners to support the delivery of programme aims and objectives beyond the provision of funds.
- Strong experience of delivering impact and progress through the development and delivery of unique funding partnerships.
- Demonstrable experience of building and activating a diverse prospect pipeline.
- Excellent network and interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain important and senior relationships.
- Considerable experience managing high-value and high-profile partners, and responding positively to challenging circumstances.
- Aptitude to maintain confidentiality and exercise the utmost discretion at all times
- Comfort and understanding of managing stakeholders based in different parts of the world.
- Experienced using Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and CRM database systems.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of climate change and the environmental sector is a plus.
- Seeking a candidate with degree level education or, in exceptional circumstances, significant relevant experience in lieu of this.
- Available to work beyond standard hours and to travel in UK as needed.
This document is not contractual and may be subject to change following consultation with the post-holder.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.