Are you passionate about using social media to help more people understand the place of science in their lives? The Ri is looking for a new Social Media Manager, to bridge the Digital Team and the Marketing and Communications Team, to help maximise revenue and engagement through paid social and digital marketing.
The Ri is an independent charity dedicated to creating opportunities for everyone to think more deeply about science and its place in our lives.
For over 200 years, our building has been home to some of the most eminent scientists in history, and since May this year we've been livestreaming all our public events, featuring world-leading scientists and thinkers, online for free. We currently have over 900,000 subscribers to our YouTube channel and are expecting to reach our one million milestone early next year.
As our new Social Media Manager, you will have excellent communications skills, an eye for detail and the ability to be clear-headed under pressure. You will be the Ri’s go-to person for all things social media; working closely with our Head of Digital, you will help develop a strategic approach to social media, be responsible for the day-to-day management of our social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and lead on marketing and fundraising social media campaigns across the Ri.
This role is a perfect opportunity to bring together your love of social media and interest in science with analytical skills and strategic thinking, working with colleagues across the Ri to help take our social media channels to the next level.
Do you have:
• experience of creating engaging, audience-focused content, ideally search engine optimise, for different social media platforms and audiences?
• a deep understanding of the social media landscape and the ability and desire to horizon scan for the latest developments and opportunities?
• experience of creating and managing successful social media campaigns to increase engagement with key audience groups?
• Knowledge of analytics tools and techniques, including Google Analytics, and UTM tracking?
• Experience of Adobe Creative Cloud software (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign etc)?
• Experience of running paid social media advertising?
If so we'd love to hear from you!
The role will be based from home during the Covid pandemic but otherwise in Albemarle Street, Mayfair.
Please apply by downloading the full Job description and person specification and clicking the apply button to attach your CV. Please also provide a cover letter (of no more than 500 words) setting out why you want the job and how your skills and experience meet the criteria set out in the person spec.
Deadline: 9.00am on Monday 14 December 2020
Interviews are scheduled to take place the first two weeks of January 2021 by video call.
We reserve the right to close the application process early and may interview candidates before Christmas if we have high volumes of applications.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.